• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request How to make a character turbo.

nethermaker

Smash Rookie
About 30 minutes of Google searching and messing around returned very few results, so here's my question: How does one make a character turbo as seen in MagicScrumpy's videos (Example)?

nethermaker

Smash Rookie

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
Thanks for the reply.

Do you know how to install it, or at least know a post that explains installing injection mods?

I tried to use Melee Mod Manager, where it "successfully" installed, and then promptly crashed.

Thanks in advance, even if you don't know!
There were a few people who wanted to know how to install it, so I wrote this short guide. I've updated the OP to include a link.

I'm not certain, but I think @MagicScrumpy has used this code for some of his turbo character videos. It's not exactly "turbo" but it enables you to do all of what turbo allows you to do (and a bit more.)

At some point here I'm going to go through that code and write a version with proper turbo inputs. I have an interest in recreating Project M's Turbo Mode, but I've not been able to come up with a simple way of preventing stale interrupts... Otherwise, the input mechanic is actually pretty simple.

nethermaker

Smash Rookie
There were a few people who wanted to know how to install it, so I wrote this short guide. I've updated the OP to include a link.

I'm not certain, but I think @MagicScrumpy has used this code for some of his turbo character videos. It's not exactly "turbo" but it enables you to do all of what turbo allows you to do (and a bit more.)

At some point here I'm going to go through that code and write a version with proper turbo inputs. I have an interest in recreating Project M's Turbo Mode, but I've not been able to come up with a simple way of preventing stale interrupts... Otherwise, the input mechanic is actually pretty simple.
Thanks!

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
Since it’s a common question, I thought I’d mention here that you can sometimes successfully make individual "turbo" moves with Crazy Hand by setting the IASA function in the move logic table to that of Standing or Falling interrupts; depending on whether it’s a ground or an air move.

Doing this may not work as intended for every move, but many action states can make use of it as a quick and dirty way of making a single “turbo” interrupt. You'll have to experiment to see what works and what doesn't.

8008A4D4 - standing
800CB334 - falling

(for more usable IASA function pointers, see this post or review the Community Symbol Map)

---

In addition, the character data that reads these move logic function pointers at the start of each action state can be manipulated with Achilles’s custom character data modification subaction event. It requires installing the code, but doing so will allow you to use a 3-line event syntax to change any of these move logic functions:

F8FF000C 0200219C XXXXXXXX - set current IASA function
F8FF000C 020021A0 XXXXXXXX - set current Animation Interrupt function
F8FF000C 020021A4 XXXXXXXX - set current Action Physics function
F8FF000C 020021A8 XXXXXXXX - set current Collision Interrupt function
F8FF000C 020021AC XXXXXXXX - set current Camera Behavior function

Where XXXXXXXX == a desired function pointer

While this requires a custom code and at least 3 event lines, doing it this way allows for normal (A-button) attacks to be manipulated distinctly from other characters; where normally the edits to the related move logic data would be shared between all characters. Since it’s in the form of an event like this, it can also be specified within a timing window with the help of sync/async timer events.

Last edited:
Top Bottom