• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to load Project:M onto Dolphin?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Here's a guide I made to making a 3.02 PM iso: http://www.mediafire.com/view/3wb3l8icrv9yb92/Project M 3.02 Build Guide
Once you have the PM iso you just run it like any other iso.

Some sidenotes not included in this guide:
You must have an ntsc brawl iso, and it must be in the same location as your PM iso, even after the build.
When you run the builder, you should choose the settings as follows: Project M, .iso, KSBx-Custom, yes (pick the options 1, 1, 2, 1, in that order)
When I refer to an md5 code, that is your isos, specific code related to the settings. If you have the wrong one, then you did something wrong and you'll have to build the iso again. You can find the md5 checker by googling "winmd5".

More sidenotes if you decide to play online via Netplay. Netplay allows you to play PM online with very little lag.
Here is the IRC channel in which you can ask any question regarding PM on dolphin and find matches; I'm usually in it: http://widget01.mibbit.com/?settings=0df80b8c72d2f32b9579c82f3cbe6ced&server=irc.rizon.us:6660&nick=webchat_???&autoConnect=true&channel=#dolphin-ProjectM
You must be using dolphin revision 4.0-648 or 4.0-652. (can find by googling "dolphin dc netplay")
You may not create a save file in game, enable insert SD card, or have any wiimotes active in the wiimote, settings menu, either of those options will cause a desync, where both of you will be seeing different games.

If you need additional help feel free to ask.

Last edited:

HuffmanD

Smash Rookie
Hey this is a great guide for sure, but one of the steps is confusing, the RSBx step.

The options I'm given are either "RSBx-Original" or "KSBx-Custom". Just on intuition I think you meant "KSBx-Custom" but can you just confirm?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Hey this is a great guide for sure, but one of the steps is confusing, the RSBx step.

The options I'm given are either "RSBx-Original" or "KSBx-Custom". Just on intuition I think you meant "KSBx-Custom" but can you just confirm?

Would you like to confirm?:
1-yes

Y-L

Smash Champion
Yes but I would not use that method due to the fact that you cannot use Netplay using that method as well as you have to open boot.elf every time you want to play. In my method where you inject the iso, it loads straight to Project M.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Yes but I would not use that method due to the fact that you cannot use Netplay using that method as well as you have to open boot.elf every time you want to play. In my method where you inject the iso, it loads straight to Project M.
Its actually pretty easy as it remembers the last boot.elf you used and since I only use the PM one im good
also about dolphin. . .it doesnt support hard resets so you wont be able to update the launcher from the launcher

Y-L

Smash Champion
Its actually pretty easy as it remembers the last boot.elf you used and since I only use the PM one im good
also about dolphin. . .it doesnt support hard resets so you wont be able to update the launcher from the launcher
the downside is having to rebuild your iso when pm updates but having the ability to play netplay is great. far worth it.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Here's a guide I made to making a 3.02 PM iso: http://www.mediafire.com/view/3wb3l8icrv9yb92/Project M 3.02 Build Guide
Once you have the PM iso you just run it like any other iso.

Some sidenotes not included in this guide:
You must have an ntsc brawl iso, and it must be in the same location as your PM iso, even after the build.
When you run the builder, you should choose the settings as follows: Project M, .iso, KSBx-Custom, yes (pick the options 1, 1, 2, 1, in that order)
When I refer to an md5 code, that is your isos, specific code related to the settings. If you have the wrong one, then you did something wrong and you'll have to build the iso again. You can find the md5 checker by googling "winmd5".

More sidenotes if you decide to play online via Netplay. Netplay allows you to play PM online with very little lag.
Here is the IRC channel in which you can ask any question regarding PM on dolphin and find matches; I'm usually in it: http://widget01.mibbit.com/?settings=0df80b8c72d2f32b9579c82f3cbe6ced&server=irc.rizon.us:6660&nick=webchat_???&autoConnect=true&channel=#dolphin-ProjectM
You must be using dolphin revision 4.0-648 or 4.0-652. (can find by googling "dolphin dc netplay")
You may not create a save file in game, enable insert SD card, or have any wiimotes active in the wiimote, settings menu, either of those options will cause a desync, where both of you will be seeing different games.

If you need additional help feel free to ask.
Does this work for mac?

hiro1221

Smash Rookie
When I do the Builder install, I keep ending up with an Error about not having enough space which won't allow me to get the ProjectM_RSBEPM_K-sav ISO file. Anyone know how to fix this?

Y-L

Smash Champion
When I do the Builder install, I keep ending up with an Error about not having enough space which won't allow me to get the ProjectM_RSBEPM_K-sav ISO file. Anyone know how to fix this?
Most likely your hard drive is full. Go to my computer and see how much space you have. You're going to need at least 7 gigs of free space to create the iso. You can free up some space by deleting large files on your computer or right clicking your C drive and hitting disk cleanup, that might free up some space.

hiro1221

Smash Rookie
Most likely your hard drive is full. Go to my computer and see how much space you have. You're going to need at least 7 gigs of free space to create the iso. You can free up some space by deleting large files on your computer or right clicking your C drive and hitting disk cleanup, that might free up some space.
Weird thing is I do have space for it. Still says no room. Now, after double checking and starting the process over, the builder program won't even start to install anything now. Me and my luck of doing this stuff is just turrible.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Weird thing is I do have space for it. Still says no room. Now, after double checking and starting the process over, the builder program won't even start to install anything now. Me and my luck of doing this stuff is just turrible.
Could you quantify how much space you actually have?

J wang

Smash Rookie
Hey there, great guide. I followed every step but it seems it is saying that it cannot find my Projectm folder when its clearly in the same folder as the .bat

Is it supposed to be in some other folder? everything is there
right now the path is Project_M_ISO_Builder_3-01_FULL/projectm/
It keeps telling me it can't be found and on the .bat every file cannot be found
what should i be doing?
And when check md5, my numbers are not the same as the guide

Kye of the Sea

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-6971-9645
Keep in mind that when building, the builder extracts the game files to a temporary location, meaning you actually need to have a significant amount of extra space.

Kye of the Sea

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-6971-9645
I've been scouring forums to try and find a solution to my problems I've had building 3.02. The original builder I used patched perfectly, but didn't properly add roy/mewtwo's sounds. The one I'm using seems to be identical to this one, properly adds the sounds, but crashes upon the usage of Mario's cape. I'm using the files from 3.02, where that was supposedly fixed, right?

EDIT: Figured it out. Turns out the builder files had the .gct from 3.0 included, and I didn't think to overwrite it, thinking it was the most recent version. It's fixed now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom