• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to load mods on 3.6 final?

MegaSuperab

Smash Rookie
NNID
thesavages
3DS FC
0946-2553-1158
I can't find anything that says how to load mods in Project M 3.6 Final. Where do I place folders? What folders should I create? Can someone please answer me?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
If you have 3.6 loaded already, everything is already in place.
"Mods" could mean anything.
If you want characters, you place the character files you downloaded into the respective folder in the fighter folder.
Stages go in "stage > melee"
Music goes in "sound > strm"

Everything has to be named correctly in accordance to the file you're trying to replace.

MegaSuperab

Smash Rookie
NNID
thesavages
3DS FC
0946-2553-1158
Sorry for the two of you, I meant add-ons.

MegaSuperab

Smash Rookie
NNID
thesavages
3DS FC
0946-2553-1158
1.) its called google
2.) you need to have more detail
If you have 3.6 loaded already, everything is already in place.
"Mods" could mean anything.
If you want characters, you place the character files you downloaded into the respective folder in the fighter folder.
Stages go in "stage > melee"
Music goes in "sound > strm"

Everything has to be named correctly in accordance to the file you're trying to replace.
Reply above.

Last edited:

Eljunbyro

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the two of you, I meant add-ons.
"Add-ons" could be literally anything. If you mean extra characters, then those are very difficult to add without replacing somebody, and I would not recommend trying to do that until you are comfortable with the general file structure. If you would like to try anyway, here is a tutorial.

To add music, first find the song you want in brstm format (loads available over at Smash Custom Music) consult this list and name it after the "Filename" of the song you want to replace (for example to replace "Battlefield" you would name it X04) and drop it into the \projectm\pf\sound\strm folder. If you want the song names to show up correctly, open up Brawl Box and edit the song lists found in MiscData[7] inside projectm\pf\menu2\mu_menumain.pac and MiscData[140] inside projectm\pf\info2\info.pac

To add character skins, download one (generally from Brawl Vault), navigate to the folder of the character you want to replace (found in \projectm\pf\fighter), and name it according to which costume you want to replace.

To add stages, download them - again from Brawl Vault - name them according to the stage you want to replace, and put them in the \project\pf\stage\melee folder. It may include a .rel file which goes in \projectm\pf\module.

This page has a handy comprehensive list of pretty much all the file names you'll need.

Codes are a little trickier to add. Use a program like GCTEdit to open the RSBE01.gct found in the codes folder at the root of your SD card (be sure to save a back-up!), export it as a text file (done simply by clicking export and typing .txt after the file name), paste the code you want to use in at the bottom (just the numbers, with a * before every line), open the text file in GCTEdit, export it as RSBE01.gct and put it back in the \codes\ folder.

If you have any more specific questions, I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

EDIT: Ah. Yeah, that is really pretty much irrelevant to PM as it currently stands. Don't worry about those.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I think he's talking about something similar to the wifi addon?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Pretty sure he's referring to the "add-ons" via the launcher, which either way isn't of any importance. There's no real add-ons to be concerned with.

Top Bottom