• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Ledge Tech?

StarveCrate

Smash Rookie
Whats up guys, I was watching some sets where the Falco avoided being spiked and even forward smashed out of the map by ledge teching. Anyone know how to do this? I've been practicing it with sensor bombs but so far i havent hit the tech once! Also I feel like I would never hit the tech irl situation.

AirFair

Marth tho
Well if you are talking about teching above the ledge, at the corner of the stage, you can see leffen's post on practicing this:
Important things about practicing teching:
-Use taunts to make sure that you aren't crouch canceling
-You need to fly as close to the ground as possible, this means that you will almost always DI Down+Away, not Down+towards like many use for Spacie Dsmashes (it only works for it)
-To practice it, I simply taunt with the character I wanna tech with, start whatever move with my other controller and pause [before it hits], switch controllers, input tech/DI

its kind of embarrassing that no one but Ice has really started using tech's yet, it makes edgeguarding/punishing soooooooo much harder. Marth recovers onto ledge at 150% and you jump->Bair? lol free tech.
You wanna dair? I either tech or just edge cancel away the lag. Free.
Strong fsmash at 120%? No problem, tech.
Also is your username a parody of HungryBox? lol

Last edited:

StarveCrate

Smash Rookie
Well if you are talking about teching above the ledge, at the corner of the stage, you can see leffen's post on practicing this:

Also is your username a parody of HungryBox? lol
Haha yes it is, watching Hungrybox play got me into melee but Jiggs isnt really the character for me, i like to go fast lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom