• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Land With Bowser?

danyal999

Smash Cadet
So i just picked up bowser recently after the patch, as a secondary (sheik main) and do really good with him at my locals. I can beat most people because my neutral is better then theirs, but the few people who beat me pretty hard, always punish my landings. Im sure this question has been asked a lot, but what is the best way to land with bowser?

I've tried everything and what seems to work for me is I act like im going for a bowser bomb by hovering over them and as soon as they try to avoid it, i fade back and land. I always mix this up so when they think that im gonna fake it again, i actually go for the bomb, and hit them with it.

I also use the claw to end my landing lag, followed by jabs, that seems to trick a lot of people because they think my claw is punishable.

I use fire aswell in certain situations. I use neutral air and fair, but those dont usually work out.

My biggest trouble is characters like mario who can juggle bowser so easily. I cant seem to land without them being all over me and I find myself with 40%+ damage.

So yeah any tips are appreciated, especially against characters that combo bowser to oblivion. And if there's any other thread that discusses this issue post patch, please link it. Thanks

pitfall356

Smash Apprentice
Bowser's landing options are indeed very limited. This is one of his major character flaws that keep him balanced.

Klaw to land is a smart move, but learn to time it so that it scoops players out of their shields on landing. The endlag is cancelled by landing and the move itself cancels landing lag so jab afterwards to play it safe, stuffing a response if you miss.

Otherwise, do what I do when I know the player is going for my landings: Retreat to the ledge. There's nothing wrong with it. You can bomb to ledge, or you can drop down and come up to ledge. From there, it's just reading your opponent and coming back to the stage accordingly.

danyal999

Smash Cadet
Bowser's landing options are indeed very limited. This is one of his major character flaws that keep him balanced.

Klaw to land is a smart move, but learn to time it so that it scoops players out of their shields on landing. The endlag is cancelled by landing and the move itself cancels landing lag so jab afterwards to play it safe, stuffing a response if you miss.

Otherwise, do what I do when I know the player is going for my landings: Retreat to the ledge. There's nothing wrong with it. You can bomb to ledge, or you can drop down and come up to ledge. From there, it's just reading your opponent and coming back to the stage accordingly.

Alright thanks!!

Top Bottom