• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to kill using WOLF FLASH/Illusion!

darkukitake

Smash Rookie
How to use effectivley 4 killing!!!:p

Ever wonder if it could be possible to kill with this move called WolfFlash?
it is possible with practice and determination!!! this move spikes brawlers at 0% and will kill most brawlers using heavy characters with ease if u can spike them down off of the stage.

I play wolf alot as he is now my favorite and main!!!!! and plus he's so cool!!!!!!!!
"I'll be the one to take you down"!!!! any ways this simply takes alot of practice.

lining up the enemy is key!!! IF Wolf is above them they get spiked down, if he is to the left of them they will be spiked to the right, if he is below they will get spiked up, and if he is to the right they get spiked tot the left.

try practicing from the center of Final Destination. position wolf to the diamond in the center of FD, then Wflash off and pull back so u can hold on to the stage. doing it from the diamond on the ground marks the lowest point from which the Wflash can be started and the lowest SS(sweet spot) that can be hit at the end of his move. now u gotta practice knocking of the CPU and attacking them with Wflash from different heights above that same diamond in the center and getting the SWEET SPOT right on target according to where you wish to send them. in most cases its DOWN to HELL by hitting them just to there head.

this is FD: 1. standing starting position is: <> the diamond
2. the area Wolf will get a sweet spot : O
3. where u will grab on to, and aim for when countering incase u get knocked off: G

O---------------------------------------------------O

________________<>_______________
G[_________________________________]G

for guys like KIRBY, METAKNIGHT, JIGGLYPUFF, PIKACHU that they'er head makes up half or all of they're body u gotta aim for they're BACKS BY Wflashing through they're EYES. this makes u draw a line through them with Wflash.

if u spike them down WITH WFLASH BY HITING THEY'RE UPPER BODIES AND SWEET SPOTTING THE HIT and they some how recover u can EDGE HOG by going into SPECIAL FALL(recovery when u cant do anything untill u touch ground or grab edge) and increase the speed of ur SPECIAL FALL by TILTING down on the joystick to hold the edge before they do and let invincibilty protect u.

Be warned!!!!!!!!! if u edge hog to early and someone hits u with an up B move they tend to knock u UNDER NOT UP BUT UNDER THE STAGE PATICULALY FINAL DESTINATION and UP+B's like MARTH AND MARIO OR LUIGI , but dont panic DI from under the stage immediately and use your jump to position yourself and time they're invincibility frames to ware off and Wolf Flash(SIDE+B) or SHADOW WOLF(UP+B) your self to them if u want to risk it all and spike them into the stage or down and thus off the stage use Wflash but this is difficult and a very advanced technique. u can miss them and end up SCARING THE STAGE(A tecnique with its own thread). or hitting them and killing ur self. using Shadow wolf (up+B) is a bit easier but Wflash will kill them for sure.

any how practice away and correct me if i'm wrong about anyting.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Hit them with the very end of it. There are numerous setups for it.

Laser on flat terrain at the proper distance, the enemy jumps, you side b. If you are clinging on the ledge, use side b through the stage and hit them.

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
i MUCH prefer shadow wolf to fire wolf though... that's about the one good thing of this post...

darkukitake

Smash Rookie
i MUCH prefer shadow wolf to fire wolf though... that's about the one good thing of this post...
I agree SHADOW WOLF sounds cooler and he honestly doesn't burn or even look like he's on fire. They should have him cloaked in darkness when he does the UP+B. like Star Fox bout BLACK AND PURPLE FLAMES. oh well.

And what DO YOU MEAN BY "... that's about the one good thing of this post..." IS THE PRACTICE OF MY TEQNIQUE TO HARD FOR U OR ARE U TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A NOOB!?!?!?!? Just wondering?? no need to be so insulting!

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
How to use effectivley 4 killing!!!:p

Ever wonder if it could be possible to kill with this move called WolfFlash?
it is possible with practice and determination!!! this move spikes brawlers at 0% and will kill most brawlers using heavy characters with ease if u can spike them down off of the stage.

I play wolf alot as he is now my favorite and main!!!!! and plus he's so cool!!!!!!!!
"I'll be the one to take you down"!!!! any ways this simply takes alot of practice.

lining up the enemy is key!!! IF Wolf is above them they get spiked down, if he is to the left of them they will be spiked to the right, if he is below they will get spiked up, and if he is to the right they get spiked tot the left.

try practicing from the center of Final Destination. position wolf to the diamond in the center of FD, then Wflash off and pull back so u can hold on to the stage. doing it from the diamond on the ground marks the lowest point from which the Wflash can be started and the lowest SS(sweet spot) that can be hit at the end of his move. now u gotta practice knocking of the CPU and attacking them with Wflash from different heights above that same diamond in the center and getting the SWEET SPOT right on target according to where you wish to send them. in most cases its DOWN to HELL by hitting them just to there head.

this is FD: 1. standing starting position is: <> the diamond
2. the area Wolf will get a sweet spot : O
3. where u will grab on to, and aim for when countering incase u get knocked off: G

O---------------------------------------------------O

________________<>_______________
G[_________________________________]G

for guys like KIRBY, METAKNIGHT, JIGGLYPUFF, PIKACHU that they'er head makes up half or all of they're body u gotta aim for they're BACKS BY Wflashing through they're EYES. this makes u draw a line through them with Wflash.

if u spike them down WITH WFLASH BY HITING THEY'RE UPPER BODIES AND SWEET SPOTTING THE HIT and they some how recover u can EDGE HOG by going into SPECIAL FALL(recovery when u cant do anything untill u touch ground or grab edge) and increase the speed of ur SPECIAL FALL by TILTING down on the joystick to hold the edge before they do and let invincibilty protect u.

Be warned!!!!!!!!! if u edge hog to early and someone hits u with an up B move they tend to knock u UNDER NOT UP BUT UNDER THE STAGE PATICULALY FINAL DESTINATION and UP+B's like MARTH AND MARIO OR LUIGI , but dont panic DI from under the stage immediately and use your jump to position yourself and time they're invincibility frames to ware off and Wolf Flash(SIDE+B) or SHADOW WOLF(UP+B) your self to them if u want to risk it all and spike them into the stage or down and thus off the stage use Wflash but this is difficult and a very advanced technique. u can miss them and end up SCARING THE STAGE(A tecnique with its own thread). or hitting them and killing ur self. using Shadow wolf (up+B) is a bit easier but Wflash will kill them for sure.

any how practice away and correct me if i'm wrong about anyting.
I'll point out exactly why this isnt viable and why the wolf flash shouldn't be used the way you say to use it.

For one thing, the fact that you have to line up with your enemy to wolf flash, is not worth the time since you can easily miss calculate as well as stopped from even attempting such a thing. Just that line in general clearly depicts WHY you shouldn't use it to kill.

Spike Up? Dude, Your either spiking down, or not at all. Yes, if it connects in other areas, it'll send the opponent either in the opposite direction from you, the same direction as you, or spike them downwards. You may spike someone downwards, but the fact that someone thats skilled enough to tech the spike, makes you a total idiot and possibly lose a stock.

The fact that your not only telling someone to attempt something extremely costly, since even from the middle of the stage, you can go to far and die trying to spike, form simple missplacement. You know what, Im gald you took time to write this but its not necessary and not helpful to new wolf players at all. IF anything, and according to one of your post, despite you picked up wolf from scratch without any help, most of the main posters in the wolf boards not only did the same but more, including myself and KAsh, Kosk, and a bunch of other good wolf players. Before anything, you need to learn your characters completely, otherwise, you would have easily known about this. Being surprised is on ething, but not reading the other threads or posts that have already claimed this "not useful" is just not smart.

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice
I'll point out exactly why this isnt viable and why the wolf flash shouldn't be used the way you say to use it.

For one thing, the fact that you have to line up with your enemy to wolf flash, is not worth the time since you can easily miss calculate as well as stopped from even attempting such a thing. Just that line in general clearly depicts WHY you shouldn't use it to kill.

Spike Up? Dude, Your either spiking down, or not at all. Yes, if it connects in other areas, it'll send the opponent either in the opposite direction from you, the same direction as you, or spike them downwards. You may spike someone downwards, but the fact that someone thats skilled enough to tech the spike, makes you a total idiot and possibly lose a stock.

The fact that your not only telling someone to attempt something extremely costly, since even from the middle of the stage, you can go to far and die trying to spike, form simple missplacement. You know what, Im gald you took time to write this but its not necessary and not helpful to new wolf players at all. IF anything, and according to one of your post, despite you picked up wolf from scratch without any help, most of the main posters in the wolf boards not only did the same but more, including myself and KAsh, Kosk, and a bunch of other good wolf players. Before anything, you need to learn your characters completely, otherwise, you would have easily known about this. Being surprised is on ething, but not reading the other threads or posts that have already claimed this "not useful" is just not smart.
ill throw this out there..

flash = lagland = FTL

if youre just picking up wolf start by practicing abusing his reflector not his flash. on a positive note dark, ill link a vid when i get off work that shows how to cancel his flash

teekay

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to detract further, but no one has pointed out yet how predictable this is. Practicing virtually anything on CPU opponents is always a bad idea because it doesn't let you understand this element of gameplay. If people can tell what you're going to do, it's not going to work.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
In fact, in order to back up what teekay said, I"ll say this: I've only trully spiked someone purposely with the wolf flash because they were an00b to playing brawl. Trust me, I can probably wolf flash spike or kill if I wanted to, but the lag and everything behind it is not worth it.

darkukitake

Smash Rookie

Well now i'm used to being double and triple teamed so i always play my charaters that way. Plus i try to play diverse and unpredictable so that i dont get gimped. Now with that said i'd also like to state that i never play simlpe even in a 2 player match.

"Not useful" how so? I think u mean to say "Not easy" It just takes effort and skill to pull these things off. "Learning my characters completely"? well how am i supposed to do this if i dont use all of my moves in any situation possible? and learn them "MYSELF" if you know what i mean. KAsh, Kosk and your self are real good from what i've heard but YOU probably read one to many posts without trying out some stuff out for yourself and let them scare you out of using this move offensively. I hardly ever use the boards for info and i prefer to try things myself so thats probably why I didn't know that this style of play was considered "NOT USE FULL" AND OR "NOT SMART" LOL LOL LOL. The fact that you use it from center stage where its probably safest is exactly why its viable and why i do it. Spiking up is only used when you intend to knock your into something or another character. This is not helpfull to new wolf players is correct I admit because this is obiviously an ADVANCED TECNIQUE that is a challenge to master but the resulst are definately worth it.

When i'm being targeted by 3 characters not to mention being shot at by long range characters, WALKING to the edge to hog it or line up an enemy 4 a simple down spike may cause you to take maximum damage. WFlash can close and open distances very well and the way it leaves you open when its done makes people attack u and end up taking Reflectors upon getting close.

Example: just last night i was facing Zelda, Samus and Marth. i'm near the middle in FD. Samus on the Left charging her cannon, Zelda on the right using Dinn's Fire. i had ran in from the right near Zelda and cresent kicked Marth in to the sky. Marth tries to DI to the left edge. I can spike him down but i decide to lets samus shoot her cannon at me standing there, use Wflash to evade that, spike marth in to the sky, Zeldas Foward+B was steered up to blast marth which it did and samus's blast hit zelda on the right who was using Dinns fire to begin with. i hold left edge and dispatch samus with ease. Now i could have simply reflected the blast by samus and probably cancel Zeldas fire blast at the same time but why not use an advaced ability to win. I just think ahead. It happened so fast that the games camera had trouble regestering it.

Thanks for your opinoin any ways but be a little less insulting please.

darkukitake

Smash Rookie
Sorry to detract further, but no one has pointed out yet how predictable this is. Practicing virtually anything on CPU opponents is always a bad idea because it doesn't let you understand this element of gameplay. If people can tell what you're going to do, it's not going to work.
What do you thing people will predict more hhhhhhmmmmmmmm................... lets see now????
A wolf standing just to the side of there "tumbling down from the heavans character" looking o so ready to juggle or Bair the to death???
OR
A wolf standing in the center taunting or letting of blaster shots or jumping ant letting off blaster shots forcibly sending your opponent to the edge for whats to come looking preocupied and warping into there guts at the last second out of know where? Not to mention the ability to cancel it to make them waste they're air dodge so you can punish them as you see fit upon or near landing.

you tell me whats more predictable?

§witch

Smash Lord
I only get the spike on wolf flash on my way back to the stage, and even then, it's not something you are going for, it just happens, going for a spike is what dair is for.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
What do you thing people will predict more hhhhhhmmmmmmmm................... lets see now????
A wolf standing just to the side of there "tumbling down from the heavans character" looking o so ready to juggle or Bair the to death???
OR
A wolf standing in the center taunting or letting of blaster shots or jumping ant letting off blaster shots forcibly sending your opponent to the edge for whats to come looking preocupied and warping into there guts at the last second out of know where? Not to mention the ability to cancel it to make them waste they're air dodge so you can punish them as you see fit upon or near landing.

you tell me whats more predictable?
Uh, both are somewhat predictable, and neither is a particularly good idea, but at least if you are firing blaster shots, you can keep to a safe distance and it's not punishable when you miss.

Illusion is predictable in this situation because there is startup delay on it. People can see you begin the animation and react accordingly, either moving out of the way or air dodging and then punishing you because of the tremendous lag at the end of the move.

You cannot punish someone if they air dodge and you cancel the illusion, because a cancelled illusion still has lag on it, and in fact it has much more lag than an air dodge, which has very little. I can't imagine where you got that weird idea from. This isn't Melee; you can't "waste" an air dodge, because you get as many of them as you can fit in before you hit the ground.

Please try to look at this rationally and consider the fact that this entire forum full of Wolf players is suggesting that you're mistaken.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
I don't even go for the spike. I go for the launch in the opposite direction, because if you can catch them with it near an edge, with its awesome knockback, it usually ends up in a mid-low % kill.

This guide could have been summed up in about 3 sentences, and been more effective.
Props on taking the time and effort to write it though.

We don't need a guide for every single one of wolf's moves, people.

darkukitake

Smash Rookie
I don't even go for the spike. I go for the launch in the opposite direction, because if you can catch them with it near an edge, with its awesome knockback, it usually ends up in a mid-low % kill.

This guide could have been summed up in about 3 sentences, and been more effective.
Props on taking the time and effort to write it though.

We don't need a guide for every single one of wolf's moves, people.
thanks for your opinoin i'll try it that way. usualy I line up the enemy for down spike or the exact directions i wanna send em.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Well now i'm used to being double and triple teamed so i always play my charaters that way. Plus i try to play diverse and unpredictable so that i dont get gimped. Now with that said i'd also like to state that i never play simlpe even in a 2 player match.

"Not useful" how so? I think u mean to say "Not easy" It just takes effort and skill to pull these things off. "Learning my characters completely"? well how am i supposed to do this if i dont use all of my moves in any situation possible? and learn them "MYSELF" if you know what i mean. KAsh, Kosk and your self are real good from what i've heard but YOU probably read one to many posts without trying out some stuff out for yourself and let them scare you out of using this move offensively. I hardly ever use the boards for info and i prefer to try things myself so thats probably why I didn't know that this style of play was considered "NOT USE FULL" AND OR "NOT SMART" LOL LOL LOL. The fact that you use it from center stage where its probably safest is exactly why its viable and why i do it. Spiking up is only used when you intend to knock your into something or another character. This is not helpfull to new wolf players is correct I admit because this is obiviously an ADVANCED TECNIQUE that is a challenge to master but the resulst are definately worth it.

When i'm being targeted by 3 characters not to mention being shot at by long range characters, WALKING to the edge to hog it or line up an enemy 4 a simple down spike may cause you to take maximum damage. WFlash can close and open distances very well and the way it leaves you open when its done makes people attack u and end up taking Reflectors upon getting close.

Example: just last night i was facing Zelda, Samus and Marth. i'm near the middle in FD. Samus on the Left charging her cannon, Zelda on the right using Dinn's Fire. i had ran in from the right near Zelda and cresent kicked Marth in to the sky. Marth tries to DI to the left edge. I can spike him down but i decide to lets samus shoot her cannon at me standing there, use Wflash to evade that, spike marth in to the sky, Zeldas Foward+B was steered up to blast marth which it did and samus's blast hit zelda on the right who was using Dinns fire to begin with. i hold left edge and dispatch samus with ease. Now i could have simply reflected the blast by samus and probably cancel Zeldas fire blast at the same time but why not use an advaced ability to win. I just think ahead. It happened so fast that the games camera had trouble regestering it.

Thanks for your opinoin any ways but be a little less insulting please.
It doesn't matter on the situations, since most situations can be solved with a better move other than a wolf flash. Making your playstyle is one thing, but focusing on his flash so much will eventually lead to problems. TO tell you the truth I really dont care if you use this move offensively, everyone has their own playstyle, but to others, its not worth the risk simply because of the lag and predicatability. My knowlede is not only coming from previous testing but tournament play as well, players that may or may not be better than me. Despite using it from center stage, your not going to recieve the same results over and over. More once a match, but other then that it becomes stale and is to interpret. NOt only that, the eample you gave, is still not that viable, but more on the lines of luck.

As letterbomb said, this could have easily been summed up in two sentences. And if anything, if you can't handle insults, then there's no point in really coming here since there will be insults, be it direct or indirect. Its the freaking net, I really dont give ****.

darkukitake

Smash Rookie
It doesn't matter on the situations, since most situations can be solved with a better move other than a wolf flash. Making your playstyle is one thing, but focusing on his flash so much will eventually lead to problems. TO tell you the truth I really dont care if you use this move offensively, everyone has their own playstyle, but to others, its not worth the risk simply because of the lag and predicatability. My knowlede is not only coming from previous testing but tournament play as well, players that may or may not be better than me. Despite using it from center stage, your not going to recieve the same results over and over. More once a match, but other then that it becomes stale and is to interpret. NOt only that, the eample you gave, is still not that viable, but more on the lines of luck.

As letterbomb said, this could have easily been summed up in two sentences. And if anything, if you can't handle insults, then there's no point in really coming here since there will be insults, be it direct or indirect. Its the freaking net, I really dont give ****.

What are you talking about? Cant handle the insults? I don't need too since what i do works. I think you guys can't handle this move thats all. I use it well in all situations and NEVER **** it up.

acv

Smash Journeyman
wolf flash is good but in most situations you can always do something better.

Top Bottom