• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to kill as fox?

mranonymaz

Smash Rookie
I find myself having an easy time racking up damage, but a hard time knocking them out. I know some of his moves kills, but before I can land an fsmash, upsmash, or upair, the enemy usually has enough time to kill me instead at a relative low percentage (80 - 100). I usually continue to rack damage until pretty much anything kills, but this is not optimal at all. Any tips, or known kill confirms you guys would like to share?

A_Wild_Raccoon

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1128-1301-1347
Up smash, my boy.

But yea, learn kill percentages, up-air juggling, and moves that combo into smash attacks. Skarfelt on Youtube has some good content to study. A lot of the Smash 4 tips and guides are still pretty relevant for Fox in this game at the moment.

leejaybird

Smash Cadet
NNID
leejaybird
You can still drag down Fair to jab lock. Timing is tricky but it still works. If they tech in place you can land any attack before they can shield or spot dodge. If a lvl 9 CPU can't avoid it then no human can. If they miss the tech you can jab lock into whatever the heck you want. I used to not like this move until I learned of it's drag down capabilities.

Other than that the only real kill confirm I know of is Uair 1 to Up Smash. Up Air hits twice but the first hit has fixed knockback. If you opponent is on the ground and you land only the first hit, it leaves them open to a follow up. Not only is it a reliable kill confirm but it also combos into Ftilt, Utilt, Nair, and Fair. I highly recommend practicing this so you can land it consistently.

Last edited:

elmike

Smash Apprentice
You can still drag down Fair to jab lock. Timing is tricky but it still works. If they tech in place you can land any attack before they can shield or spot dodge. If a lvl 9 CPU can't avoid it then no human can. If they miss the tech you can jab lock into whatever the heck you want. I used to not like this move until I learned of it's drag down capabilities.
it seems that late dash attack combos into fair at kill percentages. So it can be: late dash attack -> drag down fair -> kill with smash. Not sure if late da->fair true combos regardless of di though ....

Top Bottom