• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to jab reset?

iG Rawr

Smash Rookie
Like I understand the basis of jab resetting but what should I be looking for? What should I be trying to read? ETC
How does a puff consistently fish jab reset rests?

Mtank

Smash Cadet
So as for leading into jab reset situations, it depends on the character youre playing against. falcon and spacies are the easiest, since bairs, nairs and side specials (even sometimes up air and fair) can hit them down toward the stage and, if they don't tech it, you can jab reset. To pull this off though, as soon as you hit them with an aerial that they will need to tech, you have to land on the ground facing them so that if they DONT tech, youll be in place to get the jab reset. As for resting the jab reset, its just timing so id just practice it, but basically just jab -> wait half a second -> dash forward, jump, rest.

Ninjagamer1234

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ninjagamer1234
So as for leading into jab reset situations, it depends on the character youre playing against. falcon and spacies are the easiest, since bairs, nairs and side specials (even sometimes up air and fair) can hit them down toward the stage and, if they don't tech it, you can jab reset. To pull this off though, as soon as you hit them with an aerial that they will need to tech, you have to land on the ground facing them so that if they DONT tech, youll be in place to get the jab reset. As for resting the jab reset, its just timing so id just practice it, but basically just jab -> wait half a second -> dash forward, jump, rest.
Thanks, I've been wondering this myself

Top Bottom