• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to improve tech chasing?

Kiusthugs

Smash Apprentice
I have the 20xx hack pack and cpus tech randomly. My reaction times for opponent tech in this game is pretty bad, most of the time I just read my opponent but I really want to be consistent in my gameplay. How were you guys able to improve?

I learned how to follow my opponents' patterns and make explicit predictions of what they're most likely going to do next

Doctor Doomsday

Smash Rookie
Yo, I highly suggest you watch this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-VKnzf_wiE
I'm not a fan of MacD but he does a really solid job at analyzing the peach chase.
The thing I really picked up from it is that you really need to understand your positioning in every situation. Along with that, you should try to understand how big your hitboxes are and what uses they might have, relevant to basic tech chase situations. Keep your character dash dancing around techs, pick moves that are appropriate, don't be afraid to extend combos with a grab, and you should be fine.

Top Bottom