• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to improve falon movement?

Frosty Yeti

Smash Rookie
I'm picking up falcon as a secondary, and when I play him, I just feel out of control. It feels like falcon is too fast to handle. When I watch guys like s2j, gahtzu, old hax, their movement is extremely tight and crisp. Can anyone give me some advice to achieve great movement with falcon?

Rachman

be water my friend
Grinding pivots, analog jumps, shield stops, varying fastfall/drift and things of that nature really help.

Something that I thought was good was try to hit a standing still player (plug another controller in and have it sit there) with the tip of your hitboxes while approaching it in different ways. Shield stop Nair, pivot Nair, pivot bair, late uair stuff like that.

Another good thing is try to dash dance, aerial, pivot, and shield stop at precise places on the level that you pick out arbitrarily and try to land in certain places.

With some practice with things like this Falcon will be much easier to control in no time

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
WD down is not an optimal movement option but useful for scaring reactions out of people. I wouldn't use it much but it's good to keep them guessing if you're afraid you're becoming to predictable.
Also Dash->WD is a great tool for extending your dash and your dash dance. You can use dash->WD (also called Wavesurfing) to tech chase spacies, as Gravy has demonstrated, or in a DD you can extend your DD range by using dash back->WD to escape moves that would clip the end of your dash dance.

Top Bottom