• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to I handle Roy as Diddy?

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
When I take out my banana peel, he is already up in my face, his fair and nair outspace my bair and fair even with roy's tiny sweet spot, I can never seem to get him off me, any tips?

Akzomp

Smash Cadet
NNID
AKG_Akzomp
Don't let Roy rush you down. I think that Roy can get outspaced by Diddy's F-air so just wall him out with it. Try baiting his aerials and then get him with banana and F-airs. If you are still getting outspaced, just practice your spacing (retreating F-airs may help).

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Yeah, you want to play pretty defensively/reactively in this matchup. Having a banana in hand invalidates a lot of Roy's approaches, and allows you to punish his entire moveset OoS. Popgun mixups are also good in the neutral vs Roy.

Roy prefers to fall with aerials rather than rise with them, so you can short hop fair in reaction to his jumps and stuff his approach before he does a move. Rising fair also hits Roy's standing and walking animations, and beats out his whole kit if max spaced. Once you win neutral, popgun + banana + fair do a great job of ledgetrapping Roy's options.

You really don't need to go ham approaching in this matchup; you can stuff everything Roy does and you have an amazing punish game against him. Just keep your cool and try to punish approaches and you'll be fine!

Top Bottom