• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Hit FAIR Sweetspot??

danyal999

Smash Cadet
Title says it all. How do I hit the fair sweetspot?? Every time i downthrow fair, 4/5 times i dont get the sweetspot. I wanna know how to get it everytime so i can secure kills.

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
Try using the C-stick to do a forward air without affecting your momentum. It takes some dexterity to pull off with a fullhop, and you might accidentally do a jab, neutral air, or forward tilt, but after some practice, it'll be easy.

This is how TRC did it in his Doc tips video. Give it a try!

busken

Smash Ace
Just practice honestly, you can learn anything in the game with practice, focus, and consistency

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Title says it all. How do I hit the fair sweetspot?? Every time i downthrow fair, 4/5 times i dont get the sweetspot. I wanna know how to get it everytime so i can secure kills.
Please use the q and a thread next time.

First, it's worth knowing where the sweetspot is (i.e. around Doc's fist). Practice landing that consistently.

Secondly, if you're doing d throw to fair in training mode, you have to jump straight up. Otherwise, you have to read the DI.

The method of doing dthrow to fair was posted in another thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/bair-and-fair-off-down-throw-true-combo.417431/

Top Bottom