• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U How to get used to gamecube

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
I have been playing 3DS for a while, and have used that format for a year, I just recently got the wiiu version. Should I get straight in the game, play for glory to master the controls, or go on training first? Or should I go against CPUs?

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Go on training mode and slowly get used to how everything works on the GC controller: do shorthops, fullhops, weave in an out of platforms, repeatedly do all of your moves, get used to doing aerials with :GCCN:, and if you feel uncomfortable with something, now is the time to switch up your controls, and maybe you could consider picking up the Bidou control scheme before getting used to anything else. If you have friends (preferably ones that have patience to tolerate you flubbing basic stuff at first), play against them, and force yourself to use the new features the GC controller grants you as much as you can. If you really don't have any friends available, practice with bots, but don't go overboard. Only practice enough for you to feel comfortable with it.

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
Just play i switched to GameCube/pro controller about a year ago i just played and experimented in training mode and against bots till i felt comfortable best of luck.

Top Bottom