• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Get The Smash Ball With One Hit !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
What i've noticed in most videos where people wait last minute to get a smash ball is that the longer you wait, the less hits you need to do to get the smash ball.
Heck! I've even seen a metaknight get it by just hitting it with his back air attack after about 15 seconds the smash ball has been floating around.

This could be a good tech, or simply get the person you're faceing to hit it and then do a strong smash attack. So if you see the smash ball let someone else it it first then hit it yourself, or if they're waiting for you to hit it first instead, wait awhile then (10 secs is good enough) then hit it and you got it.

This is a good example for the "wait for someone to weaken it" tech....and a pity final smash is in this one as well ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St8gGxKe-7M&feature=user )

Oh and lvl 9's just might be more stupid this time around loling at samus and link not moving. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxMtEgmYAc0 )

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, because we've had like a hundred Brawl tournaments already and every single rule has been decided.
I admit that the Smash Ball will PROBABLY be banned, but why are we already saying what is/isn't going to be included in tournaments?

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
honestly not all items should be banned because some items such as the green shell and deku nut could be used for strategic purposes

Grodus5

Smash Rookie
Yeah, because we've had like a hundred Brawl tournaments already and every single rule has been decided.
I admit that the Smash Ball will PROBABLY be banned, but why are we already saying what is/isn't going to be included in tournaments?
Right. I remember back when Diamond and Pearl were out in Japan, people were saying "T-TAR IS NOW UBER!" and "Ho-oh and Mew aren't Uber anymore!" Guess what? They were wrong as far as I know. We can't go blindling saying "This will be banned" because we just don't know. The smash ball will PROBABLY be banned, but it is not CONFRIMED to be banned. Plus different tournaments have different rules...

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Right. I remember back when Diamond and Pearl were out in Japan, people were saying "T-TAR IS NOW UBER!" and "Ho-oh and Mew aren't Uber anymore!" Guess what? They were wrong as far as I know. We can't go blindling saying "This will be banned" because we just don't know. The smash ball will PROBABLY be banned, but it is not CONFRIMED to be banned. Plus different tournaments have different rules...
People were saying that? Why?

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
honestly not all items should be banned because some items such as the green shell and deku nut could be used for stratistic purposes
Okay. I agree that the competitive community should carefully analyze items so that not all of them may end up banned.

But.... "stratistic"?

Really?

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
Okay. I agree that the competitive community should carefully analyze items so that not all of them may end up banned.

But.... "stratistic"?

Really?
okay yea i know theres nothing smart about picking up stuff and throwing but...meh im just saying

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Want to know the easiest way to get the Smash Ball? Play Pit. He pretty much gets it by default, which is probably why his Final Smash isn't too great.

p00pd0g

Smash Cadet
I really wish Brawl wasn't going on the direction of having smash balls banned from tounries...

It is a really cool addition that should be dealt with in strategic play

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
Want to know the easiest way to get the Smash Ball? Play Pit. He pretty much gets it by default, which is probably why his Final Smash isn't too great.
actually Pit's final smash is really great. They have great knock back, and can send you straight out if they hit you from the side

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
w/e im typing fast ,with one hand, and im watching smash vids, i dont have time to spell check mmk?

Ulevo

Smash Master
It's fairly safe to assume the Smash Ball will never be allowed in competitive tournaments. Not only do the majority of them require little strategy to use effectively, but it all comes down to which character happens to be closer to the spawn, or which character has the better speed and mobility to reach it. The entire theme behind competitive tournaments is to reduce luck and increase skill level, which obviously is not happening when it is going to appear at random locations on a stage.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
It's fairly safe to assume the Smash Ball will never be allowed in competitive tournaments. Not only do the majority of them require little strategy to use effectively, but it all comes down to which character happens to be closer to the spawn, or which character has the better speed and mobility to reach it. The entire theme behind competitive tournaments is to reduce luck and increase skill level, which obviously is not happening when it is going to appear at random locations on a stage.
Well, yeah. BUT that comes down to character choice and dominating the stage so you have a better chance of getting the smash ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom