• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to get the homebrew channel with out hacking the Wii (or Wii U)

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Yes there is. LEGALITY:
-Using this channel will void any valid warranty agreements with Nintendo.
-Nintendo will block you from playing online if they catch you cheating there (offline is OK, they can't do anything).
-Using Homebrew to play bootleg, ISOs, or installing WAD copies of games are illegal (also because they are illegal, even WiiBrew, a Homebrew community, doesn't support this, as do I).

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your wii/wii u. Once getting the hombrew channel, you can never update again. I suggest you do it on a wii since there are no more updates.

1. go to wii settings and write down your mac adress
  2. go to please.hackmii.com and eneter the mac adress
  3. select your system menu version(check in the settings)
  4. select bundle hackmii installer for me
  5. enter the correct captcha and cut either the red or blue wire it odesnt matter
  6. extract the zip folder downloaded
  7. copy and paste the contents of the extracted zip folder into a 2 gig or more sd card
  8. restart wii
  9. put in sd card
  10. go to messages and click on the letter with the red bomb in the today section, yesterday section, or tomorrows section
  11. let the screen scoll
  12. press 1 when prompted
  13. hit continue(hit a)
  14. go up and select install the hombrew channel
  15. hit yes continue
  16. hit continue when it says success
  17. select exit
  18. now you have hombrew channel.
hope this helped:)

Top Bottom