• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to get the different knee sweetspots?

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
Well despite the fact Falcon now sucks, I am using him now in Brawl.

I've noticed that THE KNEEEEE has a number of different sweet spot angles/strengths.

One being an upward/forward trajectory like many smashes, this being the weakest in killing naturally, one that goes almost horizontal, the best in killing, and one that goes slightly slightly upwards.

I've tried different things like hitting with different parts of Falcon's knee being the tip, or closer to his body, etc as well as landing on the head/chest/foot whatever of the target and nothing seems to be consistent.

Anyone?

Mann

Smash Ace
Mmmm Mr. Trite. When you say sweet spots, are you talking about when the Fair connects and does the most knockback/damage possible? Or are you talking about the parts when the beginning frames miss and it's weak?

If you are talking about failed knees, if you hit them when you are below them, they are sent forwards and up a bit. If you hit them when you are above them, it will send them a bit downward and forward. If you hit them around the feet area by chance, I didn't really see any knock back.

Chances are if its failed and you hit them when you are basically inside of them, you are going to land in front assuming that you were running towards them.

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
Sweetspot=electricity X))

How do you expect a KO with a non electric knee? :D

The electronificated knee has different trajectories is what I'm saying and I don't know how to get the different ones.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Sweetspot=electricity X))

How do you expect a KO with a non electric knee? :D

The electronificated knee has different trajectories is what I'm saying and I don't know how to get the different ones.
It's probably based on how much they DI.

Mann

Smash Ace
It's probably based on how much they DI.
That's what I'm thinking too. Try testing it out on let's say a Link set at 100%. I was about to post that if you hit his head, the more straight forward he is going to go. If at the middle, slightly rising. At the feet, more up. But that's inconsistent.

If anyone wants to have a shot at it in slow motion to time it, go at it.

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm talking about on a dummy, I've kneed the target on the head/body/feet and it doesn't have a difference in consistency in the way they fly away.

Top Bottom