• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to get Pro?

Paramount X

Smash Cadet
Ok other than the skills, how does one become a PRO meaning like MLG type endorsements and what not. I want to become the BEST at this game but i dont know where to start. Ultimately I want to gain the title of Malva of SSB, Ken of SSBM. So I would be Para of SSBB. ^_^. Like what resources would I need. Which tournies actually matter? Na 'mean?

Killer Tree

Smash Journeyman
Win money at MLG = pro.

Endorsement does not mean pro. There are like 6 people endorsed by MLG and way more than 6 MLG pros.

You get pro by playing people that are either better than you or as good as you that get better, and you have to get better while playing them.

Paramount X

Smash Cadet
Ya, like I know about going to tournaments but?? what you mean region; How does one do it. Make a name for myself?

wwepatriot

Smash Cadet
You cant be pro by doing anything at MLG, I saw that was apparent once the ladder started.

#1) They base everything off of how many matches you play

#2) They dont have a set rules for anything

#3) The top guys on the ladder currently are more experienced since they had JPN Version

#4) The top players on there made up their own rule set to only 2-3 stages be chosen *BY THEM* when challenging people, thus is why they are people with ridiculous records like 30-3 or 15-0 and such.

#5) Top of the ladder people is no indication of skilled players.

Dont even bother with MLG is what I say, they dont know what they doing.

Paramount X

Smash Cadet
I dont even know about SSBB at MLg im looking and I can't find it. Ok well in short WHAT I WANT to happen is ME being the crown the king of ssbb. and prof gamer doing it. lol which yall doubt will happen but i will try. So im wondering wouldn't going at mlg and stuff be the way.

wwepatriot

Smash Cadet
its at gamebattles.com which I guess is a division of MLG or something.

and their stuff is done all online as far as I know, I dont think MLG is going to have any credibility to say whos pro and whos not when it comes to Brawl.

Truly they never did when they ran melee either but it wasnt as bad as its about to be now with brawl.

Kawaii

Smash Rookie
Practice a lot. Make your own crew with people who are willing to play and discuss techniques together A LOT. Defeat big name players (many run their own biweeklies, but pro's of melee may or may not be the pros of brawl in the future, wait a few years). Most importantly, to achieve this dream, you have to be willing to crush someone else's.

wwepatriot

Smash Cadet
thats the problem with defeating big name players, they no where to be seen on brawl or they back down from any challenge.

Top Bottom