• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to get out of jabs?

Sdhy

Smash Rookie
Yeah okay, I know human Melee-ers don't jab as much as a Lvl 9 Fox.
But I'm just trying to get my speed up at home, and, in between weekly tournaments, Level 9 Fox is my best option right
But whenever Fox jabs me, I don't know what to do.
Do I DI behind Fox and nair?
Do I just need to time my button inputs better?

Yes, I'll be practicing my cc options, oos options, wavedash, film study and etc. too.
But for now, too many jabs.

Thanks.

P.S. I assume 20xx CPUs will bring a little more variety in between weeklies?
P.P.S. yes, I know training against CPUs won't last for long.

Last edited:

Akim

Smash Rookie
Maybe try avoid getting jabbed by using things like aerials from above or moves that out range it.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
What character do you use?

To avoid things like jab > u-smash, jab > grab, etc. from Fox, you have to SDI the jab then DI correctly and jump away. It is best to practice how to SDI well or at least get one or two of the inputs on Fox's jab and to play against people who are consistently jabbing you then doing some combo on you. You can't simply out range or space Fox's jab, as it has a pretty good hitbox and comes out on frame 2, so it is impossible to react. Not to mention it has so little lag and he can immediately dash out to do another jab or chase you.

Top Bottom