• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to get high combos in practice mode with every char (without items) GUARANTEED!!

superninja

Smash Cadet
1. Go into practice mode. Choose any character you like for you and the computer (I don't think it makes a difference which computer character you choose, but for the record, I tested this with Bowser)

2. Pause to go into the options. Make sure that the computer is set to "stop". Set the CPU damage to 999 by pressing left once. You also might want to turn on the "help", so you can see how high your combo is getting.

3. Go out of the pause menu, run up to the computer, and grab them just with the grab button, no directional pad needed. After you've grabbed them, press the grab button as many times as you can as fast as you can. With most characters, you can get a combo anywhere from 60-70! The computer will eventually break out of it, but for some reason, breaks out much later when it's damaged higher.

Once you've learned how this system works, you can start to get technical with it. For example, grabbing them again after they've broken out to get one more point to your combo.

Enjoy!

yogho

Smash Apprentice
Pointless as hell.....What do i get from doing this in the practice mode? Nuthin. I learn Nothing, I cannot use it outside it and all i can do with it is show off? Well its still pathetic to show off this pointless thing.

Pfff

Scion

Smash Cadet
its useful if you want to get the two challenges that require you to get combos in training mode

but its more useful to just spawn max amount of smart bombs next to your opponenet and when you throw one it sets off all the others... that gives you like a 130 combo

superninja

Smash Cadet
Pointless as hell.....What do i get from doing this in the practice mode? Nuthin. I learn Nothing, I cannot use it outside it and all i can do with it is show off? Well its still pathetic to show off this pointless thing.

Pfff
You get trophies from beating challenges. I just posted this so people who want to beat the game 100% won't have to learn how to do bizzare combos in practice mode that they don't want to learn.

yogho

Smash Apprentice
You get trophies from beating challenges. I just posted this so people who want to beat the game 100% won't have to learn how to do bizzare combos in practice mode that they don't want to learn.
Then point that out instead of saying that you found out somthing unique.
And besides, i think that you will find much more satisfaction from just making your own combo and overcome the challenge, then using this lame cheat.

superninja

Smash Cadet
its useful if you want to get the two challenges that require you to get combos in training mode

but its more useful to just spawn max amount of smart bombs next to your opponenet and when you throw one it sets off all the others... that gives you like a 130 combo
OMG...you're right. darn it...ah, well, at least it's a different method. Especially good for people who want to get their combos without using items.

Snoopfrogg

Smash Cadet
or you could just spawn smart bombs one at a time on top of the computer, each one being exploded from the previous explosion, which gives you a combo of 999...

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
And besides, i think that you will find much more satisfaction from just making your own combo and overcome the challenge, then using this lame cheat.
It's not very lame and it's not a crime to hmm.... take advantage of the game...sounds like...wavedashing doesn't it. :p
If you don't want to do this stop reading and just deal with the fact that it's impossible to know what a thread is about without going in.
Some people want to know an easy way to get 400 max combo combined without using every character. :(

yogho

Smash Apprentice
It's not very lame and it's not a crime to hmm.... take advantage of the game...sounds like...wavedashing doesn't it. :p
If you don't want to do this stop reading and just deal with the fact that it's impossible to know what a thread is about without going in.
Some people want to know an easy way to get 400 max combo combined without using every character. :(
:lick: touché

Borna

Smash Cadet
Or you can do it with 2 characters really fast...

Pit + Metaknight

I let you figure it out :)

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I absolutely hate posts like this. You go into a topic and start saying how it's cheating and how you would rather play the game the legitimate way. Dude, this post is helpful to those who needs them, and if you want to play the game your way, your...legitimate way, then shut up about it and leave others be.

Posts like this in speed unlocking threads are so infuriating. Don't like it? gtfo.

Top Bottom