• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to get early damage as sheik?

Kiusthugs

Smash Apprentice
Before your moves even knock up your opponent. Whats the most efficient way to get the job done?

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
Ummm that question is poorly worded and can be taken many ways. Sheik focus' on zoning, punishing, and edge guarding. she almost rarely aims to only do dmg. for the sake of doing dmg. For example you can kill a spacie at 0 if they just get grabbed near the ledge, and by spacie I mean the entire cast. Single needles are pretty eh unless you just want to be annoying, you don't get much from them aside from the %. Aerial needles are GOD TIER! GIMP ALL THE THINGS! From charged aerial needles we can net grabs and tilts which leads us back to trying to edge guard the poor soul before us.

twopercent

Smash Cadet
Ummm that question is poorly worded and can be taken many ways. Sheik focus' on zoning, punishing, and edge guarding. she almost rarely aims to only do dmg. for the sake of doing dmg. For example you can kill a spacie at 0 if they just get grabbed near the ledge, and by spacie I mean the entire cast. Single needles are pretty eh unless you just want to be annoying, you don't get much from them aside from the %. Aerial needles are GOD TIER! GIMP ALL THE THINGS! From charged aerial needles we can net grabs and tilts which leads us back to trying to edge guard the poor soul before us.
I've taken many stocks just from single aerial needles lol. Every sheik should have excellent aerial needle game.

Also, chain grabs are pretty important.

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
I've taken many stocks just from single aerial needles lol. Every sheik should have excellent aerial needle game.

Also, chain grabs are pretty important.
Single standing needle was heavily implied in that mah bad. Sniping is my full time job.

Hail Storm

Smash Rookie
Charged needles do 18 damage from pretty much anywhere.

Chaingrabs do like 7% per hit, and most characters that she can chaingrab can be grabbed until like 70%. (random pummeling between throws also adds a bit more damage and makes the DI a little harder)

Fox/Falco/Falcon, etc can be tech-chase chaingrabbed on reaction. (pummel here too)

Dash attack -> Uptilt -> Slap = potentially 34% off of a super easy combo.

Sheik's moves are obviously a little weak, but her combo ability is insane.

Last edited:

Ministry

Smash Ace
only safe ways to build dmg early are grab, and needles. everything else can build dmg, but tons of it is unsafe and can be CCed

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
To be fair many many things in the game can be CC'ed and punished at the same percents as where Sheik gets CC'd.
There are only a few exceptions such as Shines and Captain Falcon's Fair.
There are still ways around this and you can safely apply damage early on.
By not expecting to link much stuff together and simply tack on a bit of damage while being spaced correctly is perfectly safe.
Ftilt comes to mind.
Jab -> dash out.
A very low Nair.
Back Airs and Fairs.
CC'ing youself and retaliating with Dsmash
And of course the notorious Nair OoS

Relying on grab alone is way too easy
Don't make them feel bad. Make them feel stupid

Last edited:
Top Bottom