• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to fight Peach?

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
My friend has been using Peach since Melee, and I hate her, SO much. Back in Melee I used Sheik and was a very aggressive player, and I think that is kind of affecting how I play Zelda. I play her a bit aggressively. But it's frustrating because Peach has such high priority, and I hate her floats! If she's coming back down form the air she'll dodge my Din's Fire and she'll float left and right making it hard to uair. And if she's level to me, she keeps getting her fair off before I can. I can do the attack earlier, but then it won't be sweetspotted and thus, useless. Her dash also has insanse priority and I always seem to sidestep too late for it.

But yeah, I get shieldgrabbed a lot by him. Shorthopping with fairs and hyphen smashing don't seem to work to well on him. Perhaps I should play more defensively? I'm not used to it yet, but it's probably for the bes that I try that. So yeah, what's the best way to approach Peach? Also, he loves to use those turnips and Nayru's Love doesn't reflect them far back enough and I get punished for it. Tips?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
You shouldn't be shieldgrabbed at all by Peach. Space yourself better. You should land too far away after kicking for Peach to be able to shield grab you, seeing as your legs are long and Peach's arms are short. :p

Arean

Smash Ace
Okay.. let me give my own thoughts..

Zelda is not meant to be an agressive character, her main offense is her good defense. Trying to attack forward will not help because you can be predictable. Zelda must have a style showing reaction meaning you wait for your opponent to do a move then counter back.
You said it is hard for you to attack peach when she is falling down the air, then you can have an alternative for that. I suggest that you trick Peach falling down to you by jumping then fall back to the ground and use an upsmash. That move even though it can be DIed out is a killer against peach especially if she is recovering from above. About her fair, dont attack while peach attacks with it. Sheild and grab then do a follow up, her dash attack hits two times so dont side step but roll or sheild then do a downsmash so you can send her away and hit with dins fire.

If he sheild grabs you a lot then you must have proper spacing, dont get near him too much so do a downsmash or even nayrus love to push him away. If he hits you with turnips, dont reflect them because they dont go far.. you can use a neutral air attack and catch it yourself or just jump away and dash attack.

There are different ways to battle peach, you just need to be defensive. her lightning kicks can kill too but you need to master it.

I hope this helped! Have fun with Zelda

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
If you're getting Shield grabbed by anyone that's not a good sign. SHanyaerial doesn't really work at all with Zelda so I would probably change that. If possible try to make Peach approach you, you don't even have to use NL to reflect the peaches, just render them ineffective. Besides Din's should outrange her turnips anyway. Once she does try to approach you, your usmash should have priority over anything since it's insane, so make liberal use of that. Dsmash is also good for spacing and quickness. I wouldn't go overboard with Fair/Bairs but if you see a prime oppurtunity go for it. When she's above you make her panic with Uair, and if you miss land fast and try to catch her in a Usmash.

Her dash is a lot like Ness's so shield grab her in return.

Number one thing: Be tricky. And who ever said there was anything wrong with using Sheik in a tough battle? Needles can annoy your opponent very fast.

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
I do love using Zelda. :)

Thing is he plays a defensive Peach himself. So I just hope he loses his patience before I do lol. I'll try to keep spacing in mind and I'll start shiledgrabbing that dash instead of sidestepping. I might even try using Sheik a bit too to see if I can't rack up damage faster initially. Thanks for the advice.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
Number one thing: Be tricky. And who ever said there was anything wrong with using Sheik in a tough battle? Needles can annoy your opponent very fast.[/QUOTE said:
yes shiek is the anwser. peach doesnt fair to well against shiek.

with zelda try trapping ur opponents. fake a din's fire while they are returning to the stage them capture them in an up smash. play defensive with zelda also. dont spam kicks since now
they are her Achilles' heel. use F- tilt if peach tries to sh air attack. also try to stay grounded cause peach will beat zelda in the air. also remember peach (sadly) only has few kill moves ( f smash(sometimes) up smash(sweetspotted) up tilt and fair. watch out for those.

S2

Smash Lord
For basics on fighting as Zelda check this

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158672

After the move list is good section on Zelda tactics, which will help you on harassing and playing Zelda defensively.

For Peach specifically here's 3 quick tips based on what you said was problematic for you. Obviously an anti-Peach strat goes much deeper than just these.

-Din's outranges the turnips. You can also catch turnips or reflect them. If your trading projectiles, then go
-You can still upsmash her by hyphen smashing where she lands. Even if she airdodges, the upsmash will hit her in the 1 frame she'll be left open upon landing.
-Use d-smash and nayru's to keep her at bay when she's too close for comfort. If your getting shield grabbed all the time its probably because your jumping in. You don't need to, play defensive. If you do jump in, land behind her, you could use the neutrall air since it hits on both sides and has little landing lag. Chances are she's expecting you to f-air, so don't be predictable. That move is situational, you'll be punished if you overuse it.

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
I played him a little bit more today and you're right, Sheik is way better against Peach, for the most part. Is Sheik's priority better or something than before? Racking up damage with Sheik and KOing with Zelda is extremely viable against Peach it seems.

We should also stop picking FD so much, I do better on stages with ledges it seems like battlefield. Up tilts for the win.

Top Bottom