• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to fight Laser-happy Flacos?

multigrain_cheerios

Smash Rookie
How the hell are we supposed to deal with the monstrosity that is the Falco laser? If i stay on the ground in shield I'm easy dair-shine bait, if I go in the air i run the chance of being juggled into an offstage situation. How am I supposed to fight the laser game?

Any tips and videos showing how to beat it are appreciated and welcomed

Pikachutobal

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-8141-2794
I prefer to move through the platforms to avoid the lasers
Grab Falco is one of your best options to defend their lasers (Use your shield grab!)
Falco usually approach you using his Nair, so I attack him with your higher angled forward tilt

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
Platform movement/banning FD. Wavedashing/wavelanding can be a good way to make sure you move quickly and safely, and you can intercept crossup nairs with down-angled f-tilt, d-tilt, and even down-smash. Once he's in the air, combo for days.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
powershielding. Sometimes it scares them off from lasering if you're consistent enough (of course this is a mistake, but I see it happen a lot).

use platforms

something horribly unsafe I do a lot is time a retreating roll as they approach with lazer, then jab. It's surprising how often this works tbh.

jumping over the lasers and throwing out a fair sometimes works as well.

I'm actually pretty good at powershielding, and I find that I actually do decently against falco on FD.

Shameless plug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=...v=QTbFBp43ISk&feature=player_detailpage#t=414

multigrain_cheerios

Smash Rookie
I prefer to move through the platforms to avoid the lasers
Grab Falco is one of your best options to defend their lasers (Use your shield grab!)
Falco usually approach you using his Nair, so I attack him with your higher angled forward tilt
What's the best option when they approach you with laser > aerial >land behind you though? The falcos I play already know that I'm looking for the shield grab, which I am pretty good at getting, so now they make sure to move all the way through me when they approach and I'm in shield.

Would you say roll away and reset to neutral?

Pikachutobal

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-8141-2794
What's the best option when they approach you with laser > aerial >land behind you though? The falcos I play already know that I'm looking for the shield grab, which I am pretty good at getting, so now they make sure to move all the way through me when they approach and I'm in shield.

Would you say roll away and reset to neutral?
Roll away...mh...
Honestly, I'd rather make a Roll backwards
If you do a forward Roll (Away) You would be exposed to more lasers
Although not a bad idea

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Lightpowershield

@ T tauKhan Amazing find! I can confirm the A+Z+R huge powershielding. Both for physical attacks and projectiles.
Power shielding falcos lasers became easier last weekend!

Edit: Just click the up arrow on the quote box to get to the thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom