• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOW TO DOWLOAD SSBM MATCHES FROM YOUTUBE IN GOOD QUALITY INTO YOUR IPOD/PSP/other

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Okay, this guide explains "quickly" how to download videos in good quality (for example. ssbm matches) from:

www.youtube.com (some other videosites supported as well)

So let's begin, if you want to get the videos to your portable video player (like iPod) you need two softwares:

1.) Installing

iTube (Areas Tube) [for downloading the videos]

http://www.benjaminstrahs.com/download/Ares_Tube_Setup.exe

+

Total Video Converter [for converting files to your portable player] (iPod video, PSP, Zune, Nokia, Sony cellphone etc.) The software supports basically every possible format (AVI etc.)

http://www.effectmatrix.com/total-video-converter/tvc.exe

Download and install the softwares (both are free of course)

2.) Downloading

Run Areas Tube

Select "Options" and make sure that the "Delete orginal file after conversion" -box is UNCHECKED (also select where you want to dowload the videos, if you want)

Copy paste the youtube video url to the up of the video you want to download.
(like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q395-F6hAcg)

Press "Go" on the right upper corner (and the program loads the site)

After the probram has done with loading select:
"Add to download list" (it's next to "Go" button)

Start downloading by pressing the "Download" button

Wait.. :p (this shouldn't take TOO long)

After the video has downloaded open the output folder:

My computer/Local Disc(C:)/Areas Tube/Downloads (I you can't find the folder try "search")

IMPORTANT! NAME the flv. - file that you have downloaded
(ignore the avi/ipod/mpeg- file) by the original video or whatever you want,

BECAUSE otherwise iTube overwrites the video when you download next time.

3.) Converting

Open "Total Video Converter"

Click "New Task/Import Files

Select the format you want (for iPod video i recommed "Apple video/iPod AVC H264, because it takes the most less space)

If you want to make change the video aspect from 16:9 to 4:3 select:
"Settings/Video Resize/Aspect (change to) 4:3

Then select "Convert Now"

Orherwise just select "Convert Now"

...And that should be it. After this you SHOULD know what to do, locate the converted file and import it to your portable player.

This really simple to do thought the guide is pretty long.

If you have questions, just ask. The quality of the videos depends of the source video but it should look atleast decent on your player. Feel free to critique as well if you want to, and excuse my english, i tried to be as clear as possible.

NOTE:

I have only tried this to my iPod video (it works great) but it SHOULD do to the other players as well.

GOTM

Smash Champion
actually you can just go to zamzar.com, get the toolbar icon for firefox or IE, and then when your on the youtube video, click convert on the toolbar

and it will let you select what type of file you want out of it, and e-mail you the finished file free.

a lot easier.

Top Bottom