• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to do Aerial Force Palm

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
I can't do it, don't know why...how do I usmash into it? Doesnt work for me either =/

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
I do...

Do I have to be REALLY close? Does that mean it can only be used out of Usmash on heavy characters and fast fallers?

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
You do have to be very close, and precise. A good rule of thumb is the your opponent should be basically intersecting Lucario's palm, during the first quarter second (maybe half second?) of the move. Treat it like a normal grab, in that sense. A good way to practice is to go into training mode, set the dummy opponent to "jump" in the pause menu, and try snatching them out of the air. Start with large characters like Bowser, and once you've got that down, move on to smaller and smaller characters until you feel confident.

As for Usmashing into it, I can't really comment. I don't use that particular tactic often.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
You do have to be very close, and precise. A good rule of thumb is the your opponent should be basically intersecting Lucario's palm, during the first quarter second (maybe half second?) of the move. Treat it like a normal grab, in that sense. A good way to practice is to go into training mode, set the dummy opponent to "jump" in the pause menu, and try snatching them out of the air. Start with large characters like Bowser, and once you've got that down, move on to smaller and smaller characters until you feel confident.

As for Usmashing into it, I can't really comment. I don't use that particular tactic often.
Thanks, that was REALLY good answer and I liked your post.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
I typically do a dash attack into a USmash jump cancel at the last hit then side B, you should have an aura charge, so I would down B then Aura cancel into a jab reset, to grab and throw off the edge.

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
You can dash attack cancel USmash up+B (aura cancel) side b and with good timing have the opponent within you from the up+b attack, if you're looking for something like that.

Shadowtheoriginalone

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadoAnnaru
3DS FC
4528-3417-2533
Switch FC
SW 4317 5992 9594
I would just like to put in my 2 cents, as I dabbed into Lucario.

If you're talking about the combo like in the demonstration vid back in 2.6, you can still do that. The key is between the ftilt and usmash. You are supposed to rapidly cancel your ftilt into usmash as soon as possible. It results in the ftilt pushing your opponent away but the usmash pulls them back in for the multihits, dragging them closer than normal.

But keep in mind that the opponent can DI/SDI (which CPUs WILL do). So it's on most cases better to jump-cancel and follow them for a Side-B or another follow-up. Also the combo string in the video is really only viable at very very low percents, like 0%-10%. Hope this all helps.

Top Bottom