• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to do a pivot tilt instead of a pivot smash

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
what differentiates the two..i still don't really understand the mechanics of pivoting exactly

!2RAW!

Smash Rookie
all pivoting is when ur dash dancing their is 1 frame where the character is standing straight up on this frane anymove can be done

!2RAW!

Smash Rookie
all pivoting is when ur dash dancing their is 1 frame where the character is standing straight up on this frame anymove can be done

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
question 3: which aerial should i recover on with? nair or fair usually...i'm not sure which has more priority/range

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
but the thing is ..if you have just flicked the control stick in a direction in order to dash..depending on the amount of time till the frame when you hit A, it should only be able to smash or tilt..not both i would think..not unless you had enough time for the stick to reset.

I mean smashes and tilts are determined by how recently the control stick reached a direction before A was presssed I thought

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
other than performing the move during the few frames (or frame) that it can be done, I don't think you don't need to do anything special. just do whatever button combo you would normally do. the key is isolating the frame. just slow it down in training mode and then work your way up.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
if you tilt the control stiq from forward to a 45 degree agnel above or below it, you will get an angeled tilt.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
sorry i meant marth...and that was supposed to be posted on another topic i'm watching...

as for the tilt vs smash thing..i thought there was only one frame...in which case partially tilting the stick would be the only thing that would tilt probably

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so the angled tilt makes sense that it would always work..i'm not sure about whether pushing the control stick only halfway will tilt..mainly i'm not sure whether it's feasible to go from dashing with the control stick fully horizontal to releasing it halfway in the number of frames you have to act. But anyways thanks for the help everyone

Top Bottom