• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with spot dodge?

Krispy100

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing my tech chasing and the only thing I'm having a hard time dealing with is spot dodge and spot dodge shine. Can boost grab beat the spot dodge, and I'm just not doing it fast enough? Or do I have to wait? And is there any other way to cover the spot dodge?

Gnarsty

Wat.
You aren't fast enough. During tech-chasing they shouldn't have enough time to spot dodge before you grab them.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Practice against a pre 4.0 20XX fox or falco. They shine on the first possible frame after the getup/tech option. Spot dodge is slower than Shine (Invulnable on frame 2), so If you can grab them before the shine comes out (not during shine!) then you're good.

Last edited:

cruddo

Smash Rookie
You can usually tell if you're too slow, so if you do notice it then I would advise downsmashing or waiting out the spotdodge and regrabbing.

Top Bottom