• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with dodge happy players.

EarthBound18

Smash Cadet
I have difficulties punishing players who do nothing but spot dodge(Fox,Mario,Pits) or spam dodge in the air (Kirby,Lucas,Ness) Now I can use Shadow ball however all of these characters have a reflector and they can just reflect it back. I have more trouble dealing with players who play "silly" rather than players who actually play good, simply because the WIFI lag. Any suggestions on punishing spot dodges as Mewtwo?

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Reads, it's all about the reads. If you read their dodge then you can charge a smash. If they air dodge too much you can punish their landing lag with Mewtwo's frame 9 Usmash.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Play off of Wi-Fi, first of all. Second of all, read the rolls. It's more difficult as Mewtwo, but it's as simple as a Fsmash towards their roll.

EarthBound18

Smash Cadet
Play off of Wi-Fi, first of all. Second of all, read the rolls. It's more difficult as Mewtwo, but it's as simple as a Fsmash towards their roll.
I do but I have no one to play with or I am just waiting for something I hope on the forbidden Glory, Mewtwo attacks kept visually missing Lucas for I don't know why, the player would just spam jump and air dodge which was confusing me more than anything.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Nair is what you should primarily be using against excessive airdodging. Dsmash is also a fairly safe way to try to get a read on a roll.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Nair is what you should primarily be using against excessive airdodging. Dsmash is also a fairly safe way to try to get a read on a roll.
I was just about to say this....umm you can catch spotdodges with jab 2. So if you hav someone and notice a spotdodge just hold the jab and you'll catch em.

If you think that your opponent is going to air dodge you can just wait for it and then punish. Uair bair or nair are good for this. You can even use fair depending on positions.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I do but I have no one to play with or I am just waiting for something I hope on the forbidden Glory, Mewtwo attacks kept visually missing Lucas for I don't know why, the player would just spam jump and air dodge which was confusing me more than anything.
Anther's Ladder and the social threads here are some great places to find matches. I barely play for glory, especially since I play the 3ds version and the lag their tends to be worse. If you really wanna play competitively, you should give up for glory (or at least most of the time)

Top Bottom