• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with Cloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheElegantTyphlosion

Smash Rookie
After being away for 3 months to focus on other things, I am finally getting back into smash. And as I do Cloud has arrived and I can't seem to deal with him, and since For Glory is 99% Cloud right now it is getting pretty frustrating. The limit break has gotten me killed at impossible percents, I got killed by the Side B limit break at 50% in the middle of the stage as Pit once. It feels like he has the range of Shulk but the power of Ike. Is there any way people have figured out how to deal or maybe even some counter characters?

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
you can't afford to be aggressive if cloud has limit up, that's the #1 thing right there.

I've had some trouble fighting projecile spam as Cloud, but that could just be me. Toon Link is a nightmare. Beatable but still a nightmare. Luigi probably can do well against him if played nicely, Link has options. Pac-man seems to do well against cloud.

I haven't played too much of the cast yet though, like you said, FG is mostly cloud right now.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
In my brief FG playing, I had a lot of trouble with Olimar as Cloud. His Pikmin eat most of his attacks and Cloud has too much to risk on the approach.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Same way you deal with Little Mac except Cloud has aerials and a projectile.

Get him off stage and gimp him, play patiently.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The Cloud Boards have a Q&A thread, please use it. Thank you ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom