• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to counter a grabber

VeNdeTTa

Smash Rookie
i use capt falcon a lot and i play with this kid that constantly grabs me and throw me out, and sometimes its juz hard to get back in w/ c falcon, so how can u get away from the grab.

DarkFr0g

Smash Apprentice
Mind games. Don't Falcon Kick from 20 feet away and expect to hit your opponent.

Other than that, try hitting them from the top/behind/bottom? Players can only grab in front of them.

Valo

Smash Rookie
well, also falcon is the king of grabbing, which you should use to your advantage by grabbing him first

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
dash dance. use short hopped aerials. really, as falcon, with that ridiculous speed, you should be grabbing them a lot more than they're grabbing you.

Atrion

Smash Apprentice
im guessing he is a roll and throw type kid, so use dash dance and empty short hops to get him to roll and then punish him.

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Stay in the air.

Captain Falcon's ******** knockback aerials when z-canceled should prevent too much shieldgrabbing. Though it's probably best to attack so you land behind your opponent.

You're also falcon, so grab when you can as well.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I Had This One DK Noob That All He Did Was Grab!!! ALL DK'S DO THIS! Its Just Annoying. And If Hes Ur Friend Tell Him To Stop Being A Noob!

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
i personally see nothing wrong with being a grab *****, its a strategy. and if your not able to beat his strategy obviously you need to get A strategy that counters that. And I'm Sick And Tired Of Little Kids Typing Like This Who Thinks Doing Drugs Are Cool. And if this post was too offensive to anyone you can suck me.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
nothing wrong with grabbing a lot
if you're calling someone a noob for grabbing a lot, and you lose to them, doesn't that make you even noobier for losing to a noob?

grabbing is a strategy, it's not a glitch that people abuse, it's part of the game
that's pretty much the same as someone saying you can't drill with Kirby too much because it's too cheap

Valo

Smash Rookie
maybe at *really* low levels of play I guess it wins, but there are lots of ways to counter it, learn shorthops and dashdancing.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
ness is openly the best grabber..plus his recovery from a roll into a grab is virtually unstoppable
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, because shorthopping above him doesn't render his grab useless. Nor does TIMING A MOVE SO IT HITS HIM FIRST. Nice placement of the word "virtually", I guess. :D

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
lol I dash dance to the part of Hey Ya (from outcast) where they go shake it shake it shake it!

It always confuses people and it becomes easy to grab them.

(and yes my moves vary according to what music I'm litsening to.)

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice
I got it! tell him that you'll kill his family if he keeps grabbing you. Threats always work...but if you need real advice, just roll, hold the shield, and press a, you roll grab :p

Top Bottom