• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to consistently stick gordos on the side of stages - Video included!

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045

It's not that hard once you get the timing down. This is great for edgeguarding.

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Gordo sticking is fun, but it's more underused because you can't stick it from afar (so you can't plant it while actively ledgeguarding) and because ledgetraps are usually a better setup. Cool video though, knowing how to consistenly stick the gordo is a plus.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Gordo sticking is fun, but it's more underused because you can't stick it from afar (so you can't plant it while actively ledgeguarding) and because ledgetraps are usually a better setup. Cool video though, knowing how to consistenly stick the gordo is a plus.
I actually made a custom stage to test the sticking of gordos, and it's all spacing, so in theory someone could figure out the spacing for a long-range stick maybe even while coming back to the stage. I think the platform that it sticks to has to be either perfectly vertical or perfectly horizontal. I'm pretty sure gordos won't stick to slanted walls, which is why this setup on stages like battlefield are hard.

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972
Oh neat, I always thought it happened randomly! This will come in handy for sure

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
It's very situational. But you can also "stick" from other positions in addition to a ledgedrop; this is nothing new. https://youtu.be/7DIU5mCt4j0

For reference, Lylat is the hardest legal stage to "stick" on, Battlefield being second. Smashville/Town and City are easiest by far.

Last edited:

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
It's very situational. But you can also "stick" from other positions in addition to a ledgedrop; this is nothing new. https://youtu.be/7DIU5mCt4j0

For reference, Lylat is the hardest legal stage to "stick" on, Battlefield being second. Smashville/Town and City are easiest by far.
I was wondering if anyone else made a video on this. It's hard to know when your character isn't very popular. :\ Yours is also much more informative.

Top Bottom