• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Compile Windows Apps on Linux

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
Is there any easy way to compile some C++ source code to run on Windows. At the moment, I need nothing fancy at all. I'm a C++ beginner, so I'll be stuck with Command-Line apps for quite a while, so once again, nothing fancy. I'm also a Linux beginner running Ubuntu 9.10, so simple step-by-step is best.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I do all my c++ coding in ubuntu using code:blocks. I do test-compiles there. But when I'm done, I'm usually distributing to windows users. So I just open my source in dev-c++ on my windows partition and compile and build there.

I'm sure there's a way to compile into .exe straight from linux, but I've never looked into it. I'll fiddle with it this week and see if i can find anything for you.

edit: my first google search came up with this:

http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Cross-Compiling_Under_Linux

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
Followed guide. Works fine. To all, just install the mingw32 and mingw32-runtime packages. Then compile with i586-mingw32msvc-g++/gcc.

Anderson

Smash Rookie
The making of Wine (how to make Windows apps merrier with Linux) ... How-to: Compile Wine with the 3dmark patch! How-to: Playing Crashday on Linux with Wine! ...

hammythomas

Smash Rookie
You can Build a compiler for Windows on Linux.You need binutils, gcc-core , gcc-g++, mingw-runtime,w32api. By using these resources you can built your compiler.

Top Bottom