• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to change to older launcher (PM 3.5)

BlablablaxD

Smash Cadet
My issue here is that, my wii doesn't read brawl if i don't insert it several times. So when it finally works, i go to PM, the disc stops reading and i need to insert the disc MORE TIMES, because the older launcher allowed me that, However, this launcher doesn't allow me that, so, when i start the launcher it goes to the wii menu and can't insert the disc anymore. So heres my question, Is there any way to change the new launcher to the old one? because if not, i cannot play PM anymore without hacking it.

Sorry for bad english, in other words, i need the old launcher because it allowed me to try to insert the disc for the second time, the newer doesnt.

BlablablaxD

Smash Cadet
you mean the one before 3.0, right?.. that was Gecko OS.. can be downloaded from www.wiibrew.org/wiki/gecko_os ...
You should look into usb loading, though... your wii can stop reading discs for good at any time...
Yeah, the launcher before 3.0. When the disc stop reading the old launcher shows an error and let me read the disc again, the new launcher doesnt. :c I'll try the one Moydow gave me and see what happens. Wish me luck c:

MaxThunder

PM Support
I may be wrong but that looks like one of the launcher downloads that were put up for 3.01 or 3.02 so i think that's the PM launcher... my link is to Gecko OS which is the one you mean...

BlablablaxD

Smash Cadet
Sorry, i forgot about this thread XD, em... i don't know how to put the old launcher in the PM 3.5, can anyone explain please?

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, i forgot about this thread XD, em... i don't know how to put the old launcher in the PM 3.5, can anyone explain please?
Replace the boot.elf from PM with the one from gecko os...
lol sorry just had to comment and further explain it. when you download gecko from wiibrew unzip it and place it in the APPS folder at the root of your SD card. it should read in this directory:
SD:APPS\gecko18\boot.elf

MaxThunder

PM Support
lol sorry just had to comment and further explain it. when you download gecko from wiibrew unzip it and place it in the APPS folder at the root of your SD card. it should read in this directory:
SD:APPS\gecko18\boot.elf
That would be for the homebrew version... hackless has boot.elf in the root of the card...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If your disc drive is failing, your best options are to either send the system to Nintendo for repairs, or install homebrew and use a USB loader.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I launched and nope, it sent me to the wii menu. Is there a way to open PM without my wii stoping reading brawl disc after selecting stage builder?
You sure you put gecko os in there?.. gecko os doesn't send you to the wii menu, it lets you retry right away...

but yeah you should really look into usb loading...

eradication0

Smash Rookie
just create a iso with iso builder. i will post a tutorial but i dont have the 10 posts for links...

Top Bottom