• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to change the item jingles in brawl (not that this community gives a ****)

do we care about match play type options?

• Total voters

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice

Hi, while i see a ton of people wanting it but being told NUUU we cant edit it because it's RSEQ"

well, I am here to tell you that that unused brstm will serve some purpose for doing this

firstly, there is a video i made on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f5B7cef9Dc

for those that dont like visuals:

things you will need:

>Brawlbox V0.70 exactly

>Hex edit

How to change it:

1)open your brsar in brawlbox
2) in the folders, locate a brstm you want to use to replace the starman with, in this case, we are going to use x24

go to snd>bgm>x24>HOWTOPLAY

3) that group id "[xxx]strm/x24.brstm" COPY it

4)go to snd>seq>item>starman

5)replace the [xxx]grp/seqblahblahblah with the brstm pointer we copied in step 3

6) change sound type in the properties box there from SEQ to STRM

7) set volume value to 255

8) change pan mode to balance

9) scroll down the properties to rsar STRM info and set chanalloccount to 2, and trackflag to 1

10)under the rseq info the 0000 00 0 00 00111 etc., change all that to 0

11) the seq starter that says SMF_blahblah, copy that, we are going to look for it in hex edit, save (brawlbox)

12) close brawlbox and open the brsar in hex edit

13) CTRL+F and paste the seq starter entry brawlbox wont let us change from step 11

14) the first instance of it, delete it (BY REPLACING THEM WITH ALL hex ZEROS, DO NOT REMOVE THE BYTES!)

15) save

BRSTMS:

put the new starman music brstm in your modlauncher location (usually pf/sound/strm) as x24.brstm

put the brsar in the sound folder (or where your modlauncher expects it to be)

DONE! enjoy the starman

*NOTE: You can use this technique to mod other jingles like the hammer, golden hammer, DEDEDE's big gay dance jingle, DK's FS jingle, luigi's hippy jingle, the mushroom biilt biolt biolt noise and use different brstms for them by using a different brstm pointer's pointer

YOU CANNOT USE GECKO TO LOAD THIS!! THERE IS NO SAWND FILE FOR POINTER/DATABASE ENTRIES, ONLY RBNK and RSWND GROUPS THAT HAVE WAVE DATA IN THEM THERE IS NO CODE FOR THIs, (i am assuming based on the fact, nobody modded the starman)

SO! BACK TO RIIVO YOU RIIVO DITCHING NOOBS MUAHAHA!!!!

**disclaimer: I am not a code maker, DO NOT ASK ME TO MAKE GECKO CODES THAT POINT THIS, if there was one, You would NOT be able to CHOOSE what brstm you use to replace the SEQ with

Top Bottom