• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat the Ice Climbers chaingrab (new technique I discovered)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I was playing at my friend Brian's house with some buddies of his. I am typically the best player in the room, although he wins occasionally with his Ness. Tonight, though, there was a new guy in the room named Jake. Jake picked the Ice Climbers. I picked my D3. You can't beat the power of the hammer, baby.

Jake thinks he is pretty good, and challenges me to a 1 on 1. I agree, not having played him before.

The match starts, and we do some jumping and hitting, standard brawl stuff. Then he grabs me.

Before anyone knows whats going on, he's grabbed me and hammer'd me thirty times in a row. My D3 is at 312% before he lets go and Up-smashes me into oblivion. Everyone in the room is silent, except for some chuckling.

Whatever, it was one stock. I've still got a chance.

I start in my invincibility mode and tilt him a few times. My D3 quits blinking. Before anything else can happen, Jake has snagged my DeDeDe and has chainthrow'd him right up to 130%. Thinking quickly, I decide to try a new technique to stop him.

I turned around and slammed my fist into Jake's testicles.

Jake doubles over in pain and drops his controller. Seizing advantage of the situation, I quickly F-smashed him off the screen for his remaining three stocks. The fool never had a chance.

Sometimes players may have encountered this technique and will try to block your punch. You may have to vary the technique and use your leg instead, or perhaps hit him in the jaw. Either way, we were playing to win and I emerged the victor.

We'll see how the metagame reacts to this new development.

EDIT: Here was a good question:

Well someone has anger issues......

What if your fighting a woman?
Breasts are like gigantic testicles. They sting like crazy when you hit them.
Remember: Play to win.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
You know whats funny? The fact you think this hasn't been posted about 80 times. Today.

Although it was well written, I'll give you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom