• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat spam/campy pac man??

smashplayer343

Smash Rookie
This f*cking character. He camped for keys, always threw down his hydrant and every time he dashed attacked in, he could INSTANTLY UP B. Not only does he have no end lag, but his up b will beat f*cking shielding too. he will always leav ean up b and hydrant on the ground while he camps and i have no choice but to go in on him. i can only apprach throuigh the air because the up b will make me jump regardless. To make it even better, he taunted every kill and talked ****. Im really starting to think smash 4 is seriously a dumb f*cking game.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Not really the best place to ask for this, but Pac-Man's a trap character, he lays all that stuff to set you up where he wants you. But don't let that stuff make you forget the fundamental concept of reads. Read his habits and exploit them. Can't punish dash attack in shield? Then next time you see a dash attack coming, evade and punish now that he's in special fall, or meet it with an attack that will beat it. Jump and use an aerial. Throw out a keepaway move like Flamethrower. He leaves hydrants all the time? If he's using them as a projectile from afar or using them as a shield, approach slowly. If air approaches aren't working, jump over the water then get back on the ground to approach. Learn the easiest ways to launch the hydrant if you can get in close enough.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Well, the option of taking his fruit away from him is there. You can always catch it if your timing is right, or just grab it when you are able. He wouldn't have much to camp with after that except for his Hydrant which can be shielded or avoided easily. And while the Hydrant is rather annoying and gives Pac-Man another projectile option it's best not to make it your sole focus if you are able.

Many For Glory players make the common mistake of making the Hydrant top priority which ends up leaving them open for a punish, especially if they use a stupidly punishable move or Smash. And yes, while his Dash Attack doesn't really have a cool down that you can exploit it can still be shielded through and punished, or you can even grab him with the proper timing. Patience will definitely be needed with a good Pac-Man and you have to keep a look out for the things he does. A skilled Pac with fruit is scary.

I any case, you may get better advice from the Pac-Man section the Forum has so either ask to move this Thread to said section, or just make a new one there. If all else fails, try to learn a projectile character or maybe one that can counter characters like him.

Counter picks can help sometimes, as some characters just have terrible disadvantages against others.

Last edited:
Top Bottom