• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Little Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vade

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vade
3DS FC
4296-3320-8652
Idk if I had one thing to say about that video...that little mac doesn't seem to know what he is doing. But seriously vs. most little macs it's pretty easy to rely on shield grabs and aerial game to kill him.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Or if you're on a stage that's floating, pick kirby, suck him up, and shoot him under the stage. Beat a little mac in less than 30 seconds with that taking his last stock.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Idk if I had one thing to say about that video...that little mac doesn't seem to know what he is doing. But seriously vs. most little macs it's pretty easy to rely on shield grabs and aerial game to kill him.
Even against good Little Mac's it's pretty easy to get a kill. But yeah this one doesn't know what he is doing, he played better after that game though, i think losing a stock in 10 seconds got to him.
Or if you're on a stage that's floating, pick kirby, suck him up, and shoot him under the stage. Beat a little mac in less than 30 seconds with that taking his last stock.
That is a legit strategy :D It's so strange how many people say Mac is OP i even saw a Kotaku article about him, he's not OP, if you go head to head with him yeah, maybe. But even then he can't approach safely.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
That little mac is the epitome of FG macs. Morons trying to win so they pick the "op" character and just do whatever, no real strat.
Theyre so easy to punish, its just annoying to deal with.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
You obviously haven't played a good Mac if you think that'll work on anyone who isn't a scrub, I'm sorry.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Aha thank you, I can't believe people really think it's that simple.
Well it's quite obvious that these would only work against the worst of Macs. It'd be quite silly for people to think that these things would work against Mac's of all different skill levels. It's worse when people camp around at the ledge thinking they're going to mindlessly charge at you.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Well it's quite obvious that these would only work against the worst of Macs. It'd be quite silly for people to think that these things would work against Mac's of all different skill levels. It's worse when people camp around at the ledge thinking they're going to mindlessly charge at you.
Wellllll, when the title says "how to beat little mac" and not "how to beat terrible macs" it's not "quite obvious" that he only means nooby macs.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Yeah, I know. But I would assume that a lot of people that read this wouldn't take this to heart in thinking it will work against all users of LM.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I really hate all these "this character is amazing", "this character is terrible", "this is how you..." threads lately. They are ignoring the most obvious issue, these are different people playing. A good Little Mac stuns people, a bad one will 2 stock themselves.

The longer I play for glory the more I'm enjoying the difference in tactics, and I'm quickly learning a lot about what people will try. Ultimately I just stick my character on random so I can try as many different playstyles as possible, and when I get Little Mac people seem to try these tactics. You know what happens? They get 2 stocked in under a minute. These are players who are clearly otherwise competent, but suddenly they see Little Mac, panic and regress to trying to hide and toss me off the stage.

Assuming that it's the character and not the player is dangerous, and just setting yourself up for a loss. You should know characters strengths and weaknesses, but assuming that a tactic like this is at all useful against someone who actually knows what they are doing is ridiculous.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Even against good Little Mac's it's pretty easy to get a kill. But yeah this one doesn't know what he is doing, he played better after that game though, i think losing a stock in 10 seconds got to him.

That is a legit strategy :D It's so strange how many people say Mac is OP i even saw a Kotaku article about him, he's not OP, if you go head to head with him yeah, maybe. But even then he can't approach safely.

OP clearly meant this towards ALL Mac's.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
In addition to good gimping skills it's also a good idea to have good spacing and punishing skills. after facing to many little macs to think about at this point on For Glory, I feel like there's no real way of winning aggressively. Being passive and letting them come to you or proper defensive play Brawl style is probably the best way to fight against little mac.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
It is that simple, sorry.
Its really not, I dare you to mimic that video with a competent Little Mac. Sitting at the edge and attempting an obvious and predictable grab will just lead to you getting mauled.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This did not belong in the general 3DS section.

Moved it this time, but please do your due diligence/actually research/think before making a thread.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Its really not, I dare you to mimic that video with a competent Little Mac. Sitting at the edge and attempting an obvious and predictable grab will just lead to you getting mauled.
I don't need to do that, lol. I guess in my ~300 games online I haven't faced a good Mac at all.

Abhi-wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Abhi-wan
3DS FC
2852-7698-3155
Wellllll, when the title says "how to beat little mac" and not "how to beat terrible macs" it's not "quite obvious" that he only means nooby macs.
No lie, your Mac is something else. Don't know if you remember but we had some pretty sweet matches a few days ago lol.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
No lie, your Mac is something else. Don't know if you remember but we had some pretty sweet matches a few days ago lol.
Yeah, I remember playing you, you were pretty hard to beat lmao.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
It is that simple, sorry.
its that simple against trash macs, which are easily 80% of the macs you see if not more.
Play against one that isnt a total moron, it wont work. The few macs i lose outplay the hell out of me by calling my moves like a boss and faking me out soooo many times, leaving me wide open.
Idiot macs just charge blindly and press A/Side B.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
its that simple against trash macs, which are easily 80% of the macs you see if not more.
Play against one that isnt a total moron, it wont work. The few macs i lose outplay the hell out of me by calling my moves like a boss and faking me out soooo many times, leaving me wide open.
Idiot macs just charge blindly and press A/Side B.
Exactly.

Where you at? @ SmashBro99 SmashBro99 ? I got something to prove lol.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Well I think the only thing Mac has going for him is the KO Punch tbh

Sure it's slow and predictable but online it's pretty godly I guess xD

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Lagging more than usual but you're better than the other Macs, I think I've run right into every smash and ftilt...and ko punch xD

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Well if he's trying to pull those gimmicks we discussed, I kind of expected it to head that way.
Nah, he's really trying to fight me instead of ledge camping. I've hit him with the KO punch in every match save for one haha.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Haha i was also expecting this, well i'm proud of you. And Doc. Louis is even more proud. Actually let quote one of the things he says:

"Was that a little too easy for ya,
son?"
He got me just now lol. But yeah, he definitely hasn't fought any good Macs yet. Hopefully now he'll start to learn the proper way to deal with him.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Ducky turning people into believers 200 punches at a time.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Nah, he's really trying to fight me instead of ledge camping. I've hit him with the KO punch in every match save for one haha.
Well that's good. Least he is fighting ya and not ledge camping. Though it is hard to run into good LM players online. Least this is good for the both of ya.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Ledge camping would be stupid, I never supported doing that :p

KO Punch getting him alot of early 1st stocks xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom