• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Icies

tsm2k420XX

Smash Cadet
I live in dfw, so you're probably thinking I get lots of icies practice. And while that may be true, I am garbage against the climbers. Can anyone give me tips on how to win neutral, and any approach options I should try?

VaLoR_Ryan

Smash Cadet
NNID
VaLoR_Ryan
So I used to be an IC's main believe it or not, and playing the character I know there weaknesses. The most important part of this match up is getting to a stage with platforms, smaller stages such as yoshis, FoD, and battlefield are your best stages. In neutral you want to try and do your best and get Nana off stage! If you approach space your airiels so that they land behind them, because if your playing against a low leveled IC they are gonna try and shield grab. Down air and shine is your best attacks in this matchup. Mix it up and shine grab or double shine to bait the shield grab.If you have any more questions just ask!

Top Bottom