• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat fox/falco as samus

WatchYourRadar

Smash Apprentice
I main Falco, and play my buddy who mains samus a lot and the one thing he does that ticks me off is that he drops bombs while I approach. I can't nair through them like the missles, samus is harder to hit, and has insane air mobility after bombs. I am not sure if this is an overall good technique, but its something to try I guess. It messes me up really bad.

Pluplue

Smash Ace
I main Falco, and play my buddy who mains samus a lot and the one thing he does that ticks me off is that he drops bombs while I approach. I can't nair through them like the missles, samus is harder to hit, and has insane air mobility after bombs. I am not sure if this is an overall good technique, but its something to try I guess. It messes me up really bad.
Have you tried being a dyick and not approaching?

that always works for me.

Geist

Smash Master
Shoot lasers.
Or jump over them -> aerial ->profit.

There's lots of ways Falco can beat bombs.
Bombs completely on their own as a defensive technique aren't that great, just figure out exactly when he's going to bomb, and don't run into it when he does it. How you react afterwards is up to you.

WatchYourRadar

Smash Apprentice
Have you tried being a dyick and not approaching?

that always works for me.
I did that today actually, it involved in me getting physically assaulted lol and to the other guy, the way he uses his bombs is creative. Its very random and hard to get to him, and then he always spaces an attack afterwards. The not approaching thing works great. Laser camping is fun for me, but he hates it. Just my 2 cents.

WatchYourRadar

Smash Apprentice
How exactly does he use bombs? Case specific?

Just an example, I will approach, he will drop a bomb and move further away while in the ball, and then sometimes he will fire a missle, or other times throw out a fsmash or dsmash, or sexkick. He mixes it up a lot. The hard thing is, that a lot of the times I will either A) hit the bomb and then get ****ed up by whatever move he throws or B) I will come up just short of the bomb and then get hit anyway. The force samus to approach game works for the falco, but man, as soon as I try to approach it gets messy. I can't nair the bombs like missles, dair them, bair them. Nothing gets through those things and they just make me stop. I am not very good at this game yet, but I am puzzled about what to do other than just laser camp.

Geist

Smash Master
I see.
Well on a stage with platforms you can use them for extra mobility. Practice platform wavelands or just airdodging downwards when you pass a platform, and if he follows up with a move, drop down and dair, or something.
Also, you can try approaching with a sh aerial before he bombs, and then catch him when he attempts to bomb. Try to get good control of your spacing, for example, you can overshoot a dair if you think he's going to retreat with a bomb, and you'll jump over it and hit him. Your aerials should out prioritize most of his moves.

Those are just examples, the more you play, the more apparent your options will get.

WatchYourRadar

Smash Apprentice
I see.
Well on a stage with platforms you can use them for extra mobility. Practice platform wavelands or just airdodging downwards when you pass a platform, and if he follows up with a move, drop down and dair, or something.
Also, you can try approaching with a sh aerial before he bombs, and then catch him when he attempts to bomb. Try to get good control of your spacing, for example, you can overshoot a dair if you think he's going to retreat with a bomb, and you'll jump over it and hit him. Your aerials should out prioritize most of his moves.

Those are just examples, the more you play, the more apparent your options will get.
Awesome! Thanks for the advice. Its been driving me slowly crazy, and now I see exactly what you are talking about.

Pluplue

Smash Ace
Just an example, I will approach, he will drop a bomb and move further away while in the ball, and then sometimes he will fire a missle, or other times throw out a fsmash or dsmash, or sexkick. He mixes it up a lot. The hard thing is, that a lot of the times I will either A) hit the bomb and then get ****ed up by whatever move he throws or B) I will come up just short of the bomb and then get hit anyway. The force samus to approach game works for the falco, but man, as soon as I try to approach it gets messy. I can't nair the bombs like missles, dair them, bair them. Nothing gets through those things and they just make me stop. I am not very good at this game yet, but I am puzzled about what to do other than just laser camp.
That's what i've found to be the curse of melee D:, whoever approaches first loses.

Top Bottom