• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Beat Boss Battles on Intense

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Ok, im going to give you guys an in depth guide on how to beat boss battles on intense. I will go over each boss and give very good strategies on how to kill them. You'll have to choose Fox for this strategy to work. I will now break down each boss and tell you how to beat them easily.

1. Petey: Ok, pretty basic stuff, left over smash to start, roll left, laser spam the left cage until he jumps at you. As he is falling, do foxes up air, you should be able to hit it twice. do an up smash upon landing, jump or step dodge to dodge cage swings, continue up smash. Repeat up airs when he jumps, easy sauce.

2. Rayquaza: Ok, down smash is your best friend here. It does good damage and you can get it off a couple times before he decides to do something. Reflect his energy balls, step dodge when he switches screen sides, continue down smashing. when he flies around above, jump and air dodge as he dives, when he flys off and comes back from either side, just double jump. when he does the move where he turns into a circle in the sky and makes lighting come down, jump and air dodge, you should only take 7-20%.

3. Porky: Ok, Porky can be a pain on the latter half. Run away, laser spam, when he rushes you, jump and over+b to the other side, run, laser spam, if he tosses exploding clones, laser spam if their tightly, packed, they'll explode, if there all over the place, stay airborne as much as possible. When he does the electricity attack, jump and air dodge, the land and step dodge, if your lucky it wont hit you, but no promises there. when he floats in the air and does the red electricity attack, run and over+b at the last second to avoid it.

4. Galleom: Laser spam, spam that laser folks, its your best friend. You cant reflect his missles, so just jump and air dodge, when he does his quad jump across the screen, jump and over b when hes in mid air, run, laser spam, repeat, when he does the move where he falls straight on his face, keep spaced nicely, and continue laser spamming your a** off. Pretty easy fight.

5. Duon: Ok, laser spam blue half, if he rushes, jump and air dodge. dont laser spam pink side, wait and see if it lowers one of its arms for its pink blast attack, if so, run up about 3 cm's away and throw on that reflector, a good half his life is gone if you do it right. When pinky shoots the missles, try and jump behind him, they should follow and hit him for huge damage, easy fight if you play it right.

6. Ridley: ok, uair and fair are really good in this fight, basically you'll want him to make the first move, dodge it the best you can, then up air and over air him, if he flies off the screen to the left or right, run the opposite way he went, jump and air dodge, he can end up flying back pretty fast, just keep on your toes and you should be fine.

7. Meta Ridley- Ok, easiest fight besides Petey. Basically stick with the up airs and over airs while hes flying above the ship, when he opens his mouth a bit and flies away, he should come back, stay still in an upright position in midair and shoot fire shots at you. At this point, jump up infront of his face prior to when hes shooting, activate reflector, if you do it well, you can easily bring him down to 1/4 health. If he does the thing where he latches on to the back of the ship and starts dragging it down shooting fire balls, jump infront of his face and reflect, its a good 2/8 of his life.

8. Master Hand- Come on, you've been fighting Master Hand since N64 days, if you cant beat him, you dont deserve to win boss battles on intense

9. Crazy Hand- He has 2 new attacks since melee, his seizure on the ground and the crabwalk accross the stage, dodge these and use the same strategy you would normally use on master hand and you will be fine.

10. Tabuu- Ok, heres the big one. Most of his attacks are cake to dodge, but you have to be careful against the oh so dreaded red wings of death. To dodge the red wings of death do this. Run to the left side of the level, wait until you actually see the red ring before you do anything. Roll to right, roll to right, wait a split second on the third, roll to right again. It might take a couple tries, i suggest practicing it on the intense version of him on SSE until you get the timing down. Other than that, up airs, over airs, watch out for the golden butterfly wings, also a OHKO but easily dodged. The whip will also most likely be a OHKO, but just jump and air dodge and you should be ok. If you keep on his a** he should only be able to get the red wings of death on you once, if you dodge it the first time, chances are he'll die before the second one. Congratulations! You've beaten Boss Battles on Intense!

This strategy also works for very hard, it is proven, i have used this exact strategy to beat boss battles on intense, and beat it on intense without using a heart container. Good Luck and dont throw your controller at your TV like I did.

End wall of text.

EDIT: i have taken a screenshot with my webcam of my success of beating boss battles on Intense. However, I have no clue as how to actually upload it in picture form to this thread :embarrass

AlexX

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the Crazy Hand did the crabwalk and ground siezure moves in melee, but other than that it looks pretty good. I'm not too good with Fox, but I hear he's the best for the job when it comes to fighting bosses.

K10

Smash Apprentice
I use Charizard cuz rock smash is crazy strong...can't beat Tabuu with him. Only got there a few times. Good guide. :D

Starscream

Smash Ace
Good post. Just some of my personal tactics here.

There is a much easier way to beat Galleom than your method. Fox illusion behind him, Fsmash and Usmash. When he turns around to face you just illusion behind him again. As long as you're behind him he can't hit you. Just make sure you run from his spinning attack is all. And when he jumps in the air just get the hell out of there.

All 3 of the waves from Tabuu's wing attack can be sidestepped with proper timing. I find this far easier than trying to roll.

Zeik188

Smash Cadet
For Galleom, instead of trying to dodge the missiles, just run up right next to him, the missiles will miss, every time.

For Tabuu, I find Sidestep dodging the RRoD is easier, just the timing can be a little hard. For his silly Eye Lasers, Hover with the reflector spam. Make sure you’re on the opposite side of Tabuu when he does this also. You’ll have a second or two to touch down and jump back up in the middle of it, so step down and jump back up, or you’ll take damage near the end of it.

For Porky's bombs, if they are all walking at you, run past them. They have delayed explosion time, and they'll all explode AFTER you’re out of range. If they are leaping after you, then yeah, jump in the air, and Spam down B to hover because of the reflector.

I actually beat duon by having his missiles hit him at the same time as it hit me, breaking my shield. (Didn’t matter since he died from it anyway)

For Ridely's air charge, jump up, Reflector 3 times (quickly), fall down and duck. He'll miss; he'll miss 100% of the time. (If you time it right)

For Rayquaza’s Charge from the left or right side, off screen, use your reflector to hover over it. If he’s below half, make sure your ready to do it 3 times, of course.

Good guide, I just find the above methods easier then the ones listed. (Fox has the ability to Hover; don’t be afraid to use it.)

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Good post. Just some of my personal tactics here.

There is a much easier way to beat Galleom than your method. Fox illusion behind him, Fsmash and Usmash. When he turns around to face you just illusion behind him again. As long as you're behind him he can't hit you. Just make sure you run from his spinning attack is all. And when he jumps in the air just get the hell out of there.

All 3 of the waves from Tabuu's wing attack can be sidestepped with proper timing. I find this far easier than trying to roll.
the only reason im recommending laser spam on Galleom is because im trying to get people through it taking the least amount of damage/risk possible, the farther away you are from him, the less risk your taking

super-7

Smash Journeyman
your guide is really good to not take any damge ill agree with u there but for galleom i played close combat with the fward and up smashes instead of laser spamming

D

Deleted member

You can stand on top of Porky, just letting you know... you can Dsmash or shine a lot on top of him and he can't really do anything... either air dodge or spot dodge the electric attack, and you're good to go...

I've gotten to Tabuu like 10 times... and failed lol... but I'll get it

Maveritchell

Smash Rookie
Not sure you've chosen the easiest ways to do everything, especially in light of all the "laser spam" biz. The first few runthroughs I tried that, but the fact is that you'll do so much more damage with A attacks, you need to go ahead and do them - the fast er you beat the bosses, the less times you have to dodge their attacks. Especially don't laser spam on Petey, he's got really simple attack patterns. Just keep using the nairs and uairs, and you're set.

It's worth noting that you should also probably be using a lot of Firefoxes unless you need to get somewhere really fast (i.e. other side of Galleom or Porky before he does his rapid poke attack), since Firefox keeps you out of reach and does damage as it's charging. You can almost beat Porky with just Firefoxes, since it's so easy to not get hit as long as you keep switching sides with him.

Also, with Taboo, definitely do the spot dodge technique instead of this roll around stuff - with spot dodge you can get into an easy rhythm, not so much for the other.

I'm glad that your technique worked for you, but I think in the future you'll have an easier time (and so will anyone else trying to beat it) if you:
a) kill the constant laser spam, and
b) spot dodge more

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Not sure you've chosen the easiest ways to do everything, especially in light of all the "laser spam" biz. The first few runthroughs I tried that, but the fact is that you'll do so much more damage with A attacks, you need to go ahead and do them - the fast er you beat the bosses, the less times you have to dodge their attacks. Especially don't laser spam on Petey, he's got really simple attack patterns. Just keep using the nairs and uairs, and you're set.

It's worth noting that you should also probably be using a lot of Firefoxes unless you need to get somewhere really fast (i.e. other side of Galleom or Porky before he does his rapid poke attack), since Firefox keeps you out of reach and does damage as it's charging. You can almost beat Porky with just Firefoxes, since it's so easy to not get hit as long as you keep switching sides with him.

Also, with Taboo, definitely do the spot dodge technique instead of this roll around stuff - with spot dodge you can get into an easy rhythm, not so much for the other.

I'm glad that your technique worked for you, but I think in the future you'll have an easier time (and so will anyone else trying to beat it) if you:
a) kill the constant laser spam, and
b) spot dodge more

hey man, if you dont like my guide, dont use it, go make your own. mine is the safest way to complete it so you dont take risks, laser spamming is safe

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
hey man, if you dont like my guide, dont use it, go make your own. mine is the safest way to complete it so you dont take risks, laser spamming is safe
It's called feedback; if you didn't want that, you should have gotten your topic locked right after posting it. A lot of your guide is inefficient (Petey and Galleom notably) and uses inferior wording compared to what the YouTube video can convey more effectively, and it would benefit overall from some actual proofreading given that it's a guide--not much of an excuse for run-on sentences and capitalization errors at the start of a sentence; if you can't accept criticism, don't post.

Maveritchell

Smash Rookie
I didn't use it when I beat Intense, but I'm not coming at this from a matter of personal preference.

The whole point of my post, if you could be bothered to read it, was precisely that laser spamming is not as safe as getting in there with A attacks. You kill quicker with A attacks, and with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 bosses (laser spam + Firefox to change position is definitely a valid strategy against Duon), this is going to save you from having to dodge attacks. My position is one of having tried both methods, and I can say that - at least for me - it's definitely easier to avoid relying too heavily on the laser.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
I didn't use it when I beat Intense, but I'm not coming at this from a matter of personal preference.

The whole point of my post, if you could be bothered to read it, was precisely that laser spamming is not as safe as getting in there with A attacks. You kill quicker with A attacks, and with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 bosses (laser spam + Firefox to change position is definitely a valid strategy against Duon), this is going to save you from having to dodge attacks. My position is one of having tried both methods, and I can say that - at least for me - it's definitely easier to avoid relying too heavily on the laser.
well, id put money on it that i beat it with less damage at the end, not to mention that using this method i beat it on intense without using a heart container >.>

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
There's a ten page thread on Boss Battles on Intense already. It's got many guides like this, but with several for every character.

zarkawi

Smash Cadet
hehe now make one for MK :p
just kidding great guide though.

If anyone is having trouble beating it with fox, then i suggest metaknight, his nair is beastly.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...l=5&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
That has the general strategies, but of course you can afford a lot more mistakes and i would recommend play slightly more conservative. This is the vid i followed to beat boss battles on intense

Top Bottom