• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to avoid air attacks?

Cobalt6702

Smash Rookie
I have a friend I play Smash with who loves to keep me in the air, bombarding me with air attacks, and when I'm on the ground, he constantly does side specials keeping me from attacking. How can I avoid these attacks and get some damage on him? (I main Diddy Kong)

Cobalt6702

Smash Rookie
Cloud and Captain Falcon. My friend likes using characters that are very fast on the ground and in air.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Space him out and whiff punish when given the opportunity. You have to try and read his movements to be able to find out his habits and what he’ll do next.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Practice perfect shielding and use your peanut gun and banana to give you some space.

Lypion

Smash Cadet
use your peanut gun and banana to give you some space.
^ this
Also try using your monkeyflip to get out of air pressure don't use the kick tho or you can't up-b anymore in the worst case and just overall learn to mixup your landings (b-reversing helps) since cloud is very good at not letting you land

Top Bottom