• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to approach?

IncomingGhost

Smash Cadet
Obviously, the choice of "hmmm, dash attack or dash grab?" doesn't work against decent players. I want to learn how to approach people who can consistently spot dodge/roll back into punish, and how to approach projectile users. (Not spammers, I mean a good link who throws out a wall of projectiles and aerials to keep me from getting in, or something of the start)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
There are 2 ways to solve your problem :
1-ask your questions in the QA thread
2-search the boards and find 2-3 other threads that already discuss this subject, read them and if you still have questions after that then go to 1.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
For me the falcon approach is a whole lot of mind games. Shield cancelling dashs and rolling, at least trying my best to bait out an attack from the opponent because of falcon's amazing ability to punish once you can land a grab or dash attack. beyond that, short hop + Nair (only the first hit) + Jab combo is a good one. If you only land the first hit of the Nair then the hit stun will be enough for you to immediately land and get into a jab combo. That being said most good players will just throw up their shield once you're in the air, so use this sparringly. A good way i find to bait out attacks is short hopping right near the opponent than trying to use your second jump right as he tries to punish and hit him with the back air on the way down. But yeah, he's not the best at approaching, dash attack or dash grab are the best options, but keep in mind how fast falcon is and that he's a fast faller because it can make it easy to bait out attacks/dodges.

BATMN

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pigcookies
3DS FC
1392-5020-4546
You have several other options to use:
-run up and shield(use this especially for characters with projectiles
-SH nair(make sure to space this though)
-you can approach with back airs
-SH uair(hard to space so be careful)
-falcon kick

Hope this helped!

Last edited:

Acidictadpole

Smash Cadet
Being a falcon player means you need to be able to start reading your opponent pretty early on. Switching between many options can often throw them of, but if you pick safer options (grabbing and / or SH nair) you can start getting them to react. Observe what they do against it and then adapt your approach after that.

I find my falcon playing really starts doing well when I begin with a lot of probing maneuvers and observations.

Top Bottom