• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to approach

diaperrash89

Smash Cadet
My main is fox and i'm really enjoying the new kind of playstyle KDDD brings to the table. I'm just curious on some of the most common ways to approach other players in a brawl, what are some of the best combos to rack up % points, what is the best KO smash? I'd like to build up my DDD skill. =]

samdaballer

Smash Ace
the best and most reliable choice for approaching is chaingrabbing, if possible. Of not ftilt or side tilt are great approaches also. the best way to rack up % is probably multiple bairs, and his dair too. D3 can KO in a lot of ways, utilt can kill at less that 100. bair is also very reliable and thats how i get most of my kills.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dedede is more of a defensive fighter. You can use the u-tilt and d-tilt to mess with foes. Also, he has a good grab range. Try to take advantage of his grabs if foes get close.

Try not to abuse the smash attacks though since they're rather slow and easy to see coming.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
short hop double bair
nuff'said, and waddle spamming, and ftilt, and most importantly, dashing shield grabbing
and WoP like someone else said, and maybe fast fall bairs if you like

Skybent

Smash Cadet
spam waddle dee's and throw in some ftilts after... then go to dairs and bairs. approach!

edit: thats how i like to start off my match at least.

-Final-

Aria♪
I just throw waddle dees and distract them until I get near them and then just start chaingrabbing them. If you can't chaingrab them, then, like many other people said, just spam Bair attacks a lot. At high percentages, forward smashes are good killing moves.

Top Bottom