• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

****, how the hell do I fight Diddy? He ALWAYS owns me.

Frostspin

Smash Rookie
Yea, once you learn to use the bananas against him, your Diddy opponent will either be smart and stop using them, be smart and use them better, or be stupid and keep getting punished by them.

All of the above works out for you in the end once you learn how to catch/retaliate with the bananas lol

IDK

Smash Lord
you COULD learn to use them... true... but if the diddy figures out how to use them better like Frostspin said, you'll still get owned. What my friend steven, marth, does against me is sidestep(place-dodge) when he expects a banana. once youve played as diddy or against enough of them you get the hang of it. again, however, THEY can counter this strategy too. if they read enough smashboards or are just smart, they'd use what's called a "fatalities fake". they can do something like run at you and make it look like theyre about to throw a banana then throw it down. then if you are someone with a reflector you will reflect and they will smash. if you dont have a reflector you will sidestep. in this case you could probably shield-grab. (R+a). Past countering THAT... i dont know, because steven hasnt figured out how to counter a fatalities fake yet if i mix up whether i throw or fatalities fake. :/ good luck.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
bigmack209 said:
THEY can counter this strategy too. if they read enough smashboards or are just smart, they'd use what's called a "fatalities fake". they can do something like run at you and make it look like theyre about to throw a banana then throw it down. then if you are someone with a reflector you will reflect and they will smash. if you dont have a reflector you will sidestep. in this case you could probably shield-grab. (R+a).
Roflmao. I never thought of doing that. I'll put that into my Diddy game.

IDK

Smash Lord
thanks i got it from fatalities' guide... just giving him the credit there.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Your main is G&W correct? Then you want to stay in the air as much as possible. You don't want to worry about the bananas too much when your G&W. Choose stages like BF and so some short hops to bairs and other things like that.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
gw should be serving up some serious **** to diddy. Since as GW, you should be approaching/dealing damage with all aerials. In fact, you only really have to be on the ground with GW to deliver the kill blow, as your aerials can't quite do the job.

IDK

Smash Lord
meh... if you do that diddy would just nair spam and wait for you to come down... juggle juggle juggle.

IDK

Smash Lord
i know that... but you can use it like ROB's nair. hit it before you would for a normal aerial. hard to explain... but do you know what im talking about? if hit with the right timing... it should hit.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
The bananas are still very effective against good players, but good players WILL turn them against diddy himself, and its not that hard, if he is throwing them around blindly, then you should have no problem punishing, but he is being smart about it...well...tough luck, you just fought a good Diddy Kong, how do you feel?

IDK

Smash Lord
thats true but i would just react to it and roll+shield+grab... then he's on the ground and ready to take some from my banana. (lol)

Top Bottom