• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How The **** Do You Beat R.O.B?

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I just played Overswarm in grand finals of Smash wars, and he pretty much controlled every match. I have no clue how to approach him, kill him, play defense on him, anything.

Any pointers and tips you may have will be appreciated here. Thank you. :)

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
I haven't fought a good ROB yet. When the vid of you and Over pops out I'll take a look at it a see if I can help.

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
Open every match up with shine cause he'll probably try to laser you right away.

Aside from that... lots of mindgames - I try to come up with the most uncanny ways of approaching. Once you get him close - tear the **** out of him. Try not to fight him in the air - his range in the air will beat you everytime. I know wolf has good Air but keep it to the SH level - unless it's a platform level - you could get away with some Bair here and there.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
My friend is a pretty good ROB. Against him I have to be very careful about my spacing. In order to rack up damage I spam the blaster and BAIRs (wolf wall), and I use very timely attacks to finish him. Also, I believe that Wolf's UAIR has priority over ROB's DAIR. Those are all the tips I have... if they don't help... sorry =(

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Well Overswarm loves to projectile camp. So first off try and keep him in fsmash range, don't go in, the reason here is if you spot it quick enough u can smash him before he gets projectile off. Honestly he won almost every match I saw him play this way, so not sure how his up close game is, prolly wanna roll away instead of sidestepping, i know he loves to down smash which hits even if u sidestep. In the air ur bair has decent priority on his fair, but when he's landing don't be underhim, contrary to most characters u wanna stay in front of ROB since all his forward attacks are relatively short and weak, especially in the air, that bair is crazy.

If you have to approach you prolly gotta mix in delayed attacks, for instance don't grab as soona s possible, delay it for .5 seconds or so, he's so quick on sidesteps gotta throw off his timing.

Side note- How do u beat olimar(tether grab gave me so much trouble, nc echo was able to beat me kinda easy grab me mid attack) and stop diddy's banana combo's? These are 2 characters I can't seem to deal with wolf.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I play a very good ROB and I'm not too shaby with Wolf either. I think it'd be all about spacing. I think an effective tactic would be too approach him quickly and just get in a few quick attacks and then retreat. Once you do though you have to be ready to shine his laser and top. Also, once you get him off the stage try to hit him just as he starts his up b as there is a bit of lag where he can't attack and he can't dodge until he does an attack. I hope this is helpful.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I played OS in the tourney too, lost in the quarterfinals to him. He is a BEAST. I played Fox so I tried to Shine and whatnot but even with that, he plays a **** fast ROB when he wants to and plays it very cool and patient other times. I seriously didn't know what to do. I mean, I took stocks off him, he isn't invincible, but I couldn't hope to win.

All I could do was get him in my Fox dash attack to utilts to u/fsmash combo which ROB has a hard time DIing out of. Problem is he can only be fooled once before you gotta mix it up.

I seriously don't know what you would so with Wolf, although I would expect you blaster could get him once he needs to recharge his shots.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Thanks. It's a lot harder to pull off some of the technical aspects of this match up on wifi than in person. Like, the shine is delayed to come out and I ended up getting lasered before I could put the shine up. No johns though, he had the matches under control regardless. I just want some type of idea how to handle the match in the future, since I was oblivious this time around.

DAKMASTER

Smash Apprentice
sh-shine to AAA when they try to sh their aerials. ALso an l-canceled fair works wonders

Top Bottom