• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How The **** Do You Beat Metaknight??!!!

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
I always try to spam lasers and play defensive, but metaknights are way to fast and small for lasers to be effective. What is something else i can do. Should i play agressive or what?
please help, im going to a huge tournament this weekend, (axis) and I know im gonna end up playing a metaknight.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Remember to use your jab a lot. MK is pretty fast but so is your jab. Get them annoyed with it, so they start shielding constantly. After that jab>grab them instead. Save your upsmash for kills. laser>upsmash is a beauty

clowsui

Smash Legend
CG him for a free 50%

Tack on the other 60% with lasers, tilts and Nair/Dairs

Bait him with defensive play and go for the USmash

If he starts getting aggressive at higher percentages (most MKs will do that to even it up) DSmash

Angle shield upwards if he uses Tornado and Drop Shield -> USmash to punish

SET UP FOR LASER LOCKS! Most MKs just throw out moves and stuff, if they start approaching too eagerly just like FTilt them and start lasering (be sure to do it at around 40 - 50 percent, ftilt tacks on about 12 with the tip of the foot so you want them to end up around 64-70). Easy 100 something percent

Play around with UTilt and Jab before Axis, learn those moves so that you can abuse them vs. MK, their priority and range are ridiculous :p

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
CG him for a free 50%

Tack on the other 60% with lasers, tilts and Nair/Dairs

Bait him with defensive play and go for the USmash
word for word what I was going to say, except emphasis on the lasers for the other 60%, camp run do what ever you have to just laser the eff out of him.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
i do tilt alot
thanks everyone for help i didnt realize how well Nair and Utilt work.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
My MK strat: Mindgames. Nothing shold be done more than once unless you are sure it will work.

Stay grounded if your're in Marth tipper range and time your shield so that you don't waste it and get sheild stabbed by his multi hit aerials.

CG-spike-footstool=dead MK about 90% of the time. But this is of course is dangerous, use your better judgement.

Laser game is key at high percents. Upsmash is great kill move, keep it fresh with lasers. Upsmash also ends/clanks with the nado.
Ftilt is quick and good for spacing.

If he Down smashes, you should spotdodge Dsmash before he does something. If you're trapped sheilding near a spotdodge-dsmashing MK, I suggest just full hopping out and escaping with wavebounced lasers or just comeback in and attack

Oh and use your UpB offensively.

Dont...with the last part >_>

TheChaos

Smash Rookie
Laserlocking won't work (MK is too short). Shining, chain shield grabbing (NOT DURING THAT MACH TORNADO, GENIUS!), SHDair, and catching him in your neutral A.
It may seem intimidating, but.. really, it's not TOO hard to actually pull it off. Just find a good MK player to practice with. Falco has some awesome grabs, and can really mess MK up once he gets going.

But that's my opinion :p
EDIT: Laserlocking WILL work. Shows just how much I know about laserlocking xD

Top Bottom