• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How should I train?

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
Well I know not to fight comps, and I have no humans to train against. Plus I can't really get to tounaments due to lack of transportation or im sick.

So? :confused: :confused:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well I know not to fight comps, and I have no humans to train against. Plus I can't really get to tounaments due to lack of transportation or im sick.

So? :confused: :confused:

By 'no humans to train against', you mean you have no friends? o_O

GoldenArwing

Smash Rookie
try playing level 9's on larger levels (so they dont suicide) untill you can consistantly beat them

and practice/make combos on training.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Teach your friends wavedash and L cancel and short hop and DI, then tell them about youtube. That's what I did and my friends that could beat me 0% of the time one of them is up to about 50% and the other 20%. We don't play all the time just on weekends usually.

Without friends practice tech skill and speed vs lvl 1 comp.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
Teach your friends wavedash and L cancel and short hop and DI, then tell them about youtube. That's what I did and my friends that could beat me 0% of the time one of them is up to about 50% and the other 20%. We don't play all the time just on weekends usually.

Without friends practice tech skill and speed vs lvl 1 comp.
lol I try telling them,(especially 1 in particular), and the know how, but they think they stuff is useless.:dizzy:

Pneuma

Smash Ace
Don't play CPUs. Travel to tournaments, any. You'll meet people at your first one, try to get a phone number or two of people who live near you. Then go play with them whenever they're cool with it. The large majority of pro-am smashers are happy to help someone learn.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Just practice on lvl 1 CPUs until you meet some people, it'll help better prepare you by increasing your tech skill, speed, and combo ability. And like Pneuma said, going to tournaments helps out a lot; you'll meet a ton of new people and be exposed to lots of new playstyles and characters. It's also good to browse your regional boards and look for any nearby Smashers, especially if you aren't able to make it to tournaments. Don't worry, they won't bite ;)

247Marthathon

Smash Cadet
look around for people here to play with. it is also really easy to get friends into the game, its addicting. i have the same problem right now but still a newb and most of the time cant beat a level 9 unless im marth. i think that as long as you dont spam moves and do the same cheap stuff constantly against a comp it wont hurt you too much. ive noticed you can charge your smash and most of the time theyll walk or jump right into it which is unrealistic. i am pretty much just practicing timing with them but know i wont get too much better from just playing them .

Top Bottom