• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How should I start off useing Peach?

Shadow.X

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, im new to the world of smash. And I wanna learn how to use Peach well. She seems fun and cool. I read around and I pratice what they call Float cancel? It was tuff at first but I can do it, I still have trouble L-canceling though, But I'll get there, So what should I praticed next to get her better?

teh_nuke

Smash Cadet
play against other people... That's about the only advice I can give you. You dont need to L-cancel if you Float cancel. Practice owning some noobs. There arent many advanced techs you need with Peach.

Shadow.X

Smash Rookie
I play my friends and they are better than I am, they are the ones that got me into the game. So yea it helps playing them, sometimes I win, but is hard. How can I make Peach fast? I saw some Peach videos around here and the Peachs were fast.

teh_nuke

Smash Cadet
I play my friends and they are better than I am, they are the ones that got me into the game. So yea it helps playing them, sometimes I win, but is hard. How can I make Peach fast? I saw some Peach videos around here and the Peachs were fast.
Peach is a relatively slow character, her wavedash isnt fast, so I dont think that is what you are referring to, though most players dash and crouch-cancel into attacks to keep speed. Ground-floating and float-cancelling can make her aerials fast.

ANYWAY, to win against your friends, depending on how good they are, use down smash a LOT. use the c-stick to use it so you can spam it. also, use turnips to approach opponents if you think they will dodge your dsmash. I'm not a Peach pro but those strategies dominate my friends. I have trouble against marth though (that's when I use sheik). Hopefully someone more experienced will tell you more.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
you should L-cancel when you are in a situation where you cant float cancel obviously.
try some combos like Dair to Nair which is pretty effective over some characters like Ganondorf. You can turnip spam a lil bit jus to get your aim with the turnips on point if you want to. jus keep practicin float cancel and try to use it while edgeguarding an opponent and you can Nair them while float cancelling

shotafan

Smash Cadet
She's pretty basic...you'll get the hang of her in no time. (By basic I mean she's not as hard to play compared with FOX...-_-;)

Top Bottom