• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How should I DI when I'm SHFFLing Uairs?

Apparentlynew

Smash Rookie
I'm going to my first tournament (Gauntlet) and I want to mitigate the amount of asskicking I'm going to take. I've gotten nairs down fairly well, but I have a lot of trouble with uairs unles I use the C-stick, and that reduces my consistency with getting the uair out at all (I sometimes input the wrong direction). So, finally, I know the way you DI while doing a move is important; I couldn't juggle consistently with nair until I learned to DI backwards while doing it. Is there one best way to DI the uair, or is it situational? Also, is there a "best" part of the uair to hit with in terms of creating juggling opportunities? Please be specific, and thanks very much to any help you can offer.

Hullmo

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry that I can't really answer the question but I was just wondering about the title of the thread. When you ask this question are you actually asking about shffled uairs or just general uairs? Because if you are talking about the former I would have thought that there is only really one way that you can DI it and thats down. If I'm wrong someone please correct me

Apparentlynew

Smash Rookie
My question is regarding what the attacker (me) should do while shffling an uair. I don't know if I was clear enough, but my example is: when you want to link nairs together, you generally have to run forward, SH, press A, and start holding backwards on the analog stick to keep yourself from passing through the opponent (running jump momentum has to be negated). That's what I meant by DI, perhaps I shouldn't call it that when I'm discussing moving about while doing an attack.

technomancer

Smash Champion
You should try to keep as much forward momentum as possible; this will allow you to better chase people who DI away and down/away.

I think the accepted term for non-getting-hit DI is air control (though it is still technically DI).

Top Bottom