• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How should I be using auto cancel fair?

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
im just now realizing how important this technique is for this character, but I really don't know how I should use it in game.
I'm currently wondering some things: How is it good for shield pressure? How do I bait with it? What are the other main uses for it? When should I be using it and when should I not be?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I mean you can just look at M2K. Watch if he gets punished for using them in neutral. I bet you he doesn't.
Take notes of how he use them.
Was that a lazy answer?
I can do the same and come back with my notes too if you want :)

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
I mean you can just look at M2K. Watch if he gets punished for using them in neutral. I bet you he doesn't.
Take notes of how he use them.
Was that a lazy answer?
I can do the same and come back with my notes too if you want :)
We should do that, not a lazy answer I'm just not too good at video analysis, lol.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I don't want to reinvent the wheel and all, but how about we come up with a few tools that we can test.
I have experienced people want to punish my Fairs. Tbh that might have to do with the fact that I don't have AC Fairs down completely and they might spot that, but, if you do them properly, in neutral, spaced correctly, they should be completely safe.
With that in mind you can combine that with other knowledge and make some safe tools.

These all assume the Fair is spaced outside of their range and didn't hit, acting as a baiting tool for the second part.
AC Fair Dash away retreating AC Bair
AC Fair Dash away retreating SH turn around needle
Rising AC Fair WL back Ftilt

But how about if you did land the Fair on or off shield?
That means they ran into your zone unsafely. It still happens though.
People run up shield or run up CC depending on the character and percent ofc.
I can't think of a way Dash SH and or full drift forward Fair would be your choise at any time during neutral.
That's just too hard of a commit jumping at your opponent.
Just maybe if you can execute SH Rising Fair Falling Nair.

I should look up the frame data to come up with legit follow ups on hit confirm of Fair, but either jab or uptilt jab should be good.
I would assume AC Fair Jab dash away would be the way to go on shield.

Last edited:

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
I don't want to reinvent the wheel and all, but how about we come up with a few tools that we can test.
I have experienced people want to punish my Fairs. Tbh that might have to do with the fact that I don't have AC Fairs down completely and they might spot that, but, if you do them properly, in neutral, spaced correctly, they should be completely safe.
With that in mind you can combine that with other knowledge and make some safe tools.

These all assume the Fair is spaced outside of their range and didn't hit, acting as a baiting tool for the second part.
AC Fair Dash away retreating AC Bair
AC Fair Dash away retreating SH turn around needle
Rising AC Fair WL back Ftilt

But how about if you did land the Fair on or off shield?
That means they ran into your zone unsafely. It still happens though.
People run up shield or run up CC depending on the character and percent ofc.
I can't think of a way Dash SH and or full drift forward Fair would be your choise at any time during neutral.
That's just too hard of a commit jumping at your opponent.
Just maybe if you can execute SH Rising Fair Falling Nair.

I should look up the frame data to come up with legit follow ups on hit confirm of Fair, but either jab or uptilt jab should be good.
I would assume AC Fair Jab dash away would be the way to go on shield.
Interesting stuff, thanks man. i'm about to watch some matches from Plup shroomed and m2k and possibly re-edit this post with anything i find out

Top Bottom