• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How popular of a character is snake going to be?

A2xA

Smash Cadet
From what I've seen there has only been a few players right now in vids. I know that the NA version isn't out yet, but I'm just curious about how popular of a character he is. I've always liked being someone that isn't used as much. I'm going to main him either way, just curious.

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
I think many people will like playing him but would not main him. He's my personal favorite though =)
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Everyone is wondering about Snake, but at this point I don't think he'll be top tier so we shouldn't see as many Snake players as we did Fox and Falco in Melee.

ZeronX

Smash Cadet
i'm not wondering about snake... i've already played as him and i know he's a tank XD
yeah, snake's moveset and whole play-style really fits me. definitely going to be my main.

A2xA

Smash Cadet
Nice to see I'll have some support when it comes to maining snake. I'm going to need some help for my site tournaments :dizzy:

Is someone making a snake guide that already has the game?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
From what I've seen there has only been a few players right now in vids. I know that the NA version isn't out yet, but I'm just curious about how popular of a character he is. I've always liked being someone that isn't used as much. I'm going to main him either way, just curious.
well you have o realize that Snake is a very unique characterin this game. He isn't a popular character amongst many die hard nintendo fans because he didn't get famous on a nintendo console. Snake is a cool character but he calls for a different audience than the usual fantasy oriented nintendo character ( ignoring the camouflaged ninja clones of MGS ). Still he has been quite popular from what I've seen from videos.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I think we'll see a lot of people test him out. So, in the beginning, we're going to see a lot of Snake users, because, well ya know, IT'S FREAKIN' SOLID SNAKE!

But, because of the need for precision in using his moveset with mindgames ( He's going to be a HUGE mindgame character), a lot of those people are going to switch to more in-your-face, go-in-and-flail-around characters like Marth and MetaKnight or something. Although, the people who get good with Snake, I will be very afraid, and you should too.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
He's definately gunna be a popular character, he has crazy awesome moves. His DSmash, V B, >B, B, FSmash, Ftilt, USmash, and Jab... are godly. I could go on and on and on about Snake's pwnage, but you should get the point.

Top Bottom